Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I crushed my Duet Board! hot smiley

Posted by stom 
I crushed my Duet Board! hot smiley
August 07, 2016 06:27AM
Hello,

unfortunately i destroyed my duet board through a short circuit sad smiley now i want to buy a new one. My omerod is now about 1 1/2 year old. I think there have been some changes of the board since i bought my printer. Also when i look at the wiring instructions of the omerod 2 i see significant changes of the wiring diagram.

What must/should I consider when i buy a new Duet Board ? Is the wiring diagramm of my omerod 1 and the "old" software still compatible with the Duet Boards ?

thx for your help
thomas
Re: I crushed my Duet Board! hot smiley
August 07, 2016 10:43AM
You have a choice between the Duet 0.6 from Replikeo, or the Duet 0.8.5 or Duet WiFi from Think3DPrint3D.

The 0.6 is the cheapest and is the same version as your Duet, however some users have had problems with boards from Replikeo. Also I don't know whether Replikeo still fits the ribbon cable connector for the bed heater, so you might have to add it yourself or use flexible 2 core cable to connect the bed heater instead.

The 0.8.5 has a number of improvements including dual extrusion support and a second fan output, which can be used to control the hot end fan thermostatically. You would need to use 2 core cable for the bed instead of ribbon cable, and connect the Z probe and hot end fans to the dedicated connectors for them. Also the hot end heater connections are screw terminals.

The Duet WiFi has the same connectors as the 0.8.5. As well as WiFi instead of wired Ethernet, it has TMC2660 drivers, which make the printer quieter.

You can get help with any rewiring you need to do either here or on the Duet forum.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 08, 2016 02:47AM
I prefer to spend more money and have less problems smiling smiley also the changes of the Duet 0.8.5 sounds reasonable. so i will order a Duet 0.8.5.

thanks for your help and for the detailed response!

br
August 08, 2016 07:53AM
In my last communication with Replikeo recently they said they are considering whether to continue Duet production.
confused smileyRe: I crushed my Duet Board! hot smiley
August 12, 2016 12:32PM
Hello,
i got my DUET 0.85 Board yesterday. I want to use the wiring diagramm of the think3dprint3d site. Most of the connections of the wiring diagramm are clear for me!

confused smiley

1. 5V Connections
Do i have to supply the board with 5V ? I guess when i dont connect the board to 5V, the USB Cable have to be connected to the board !?

2. Hotend Wiring
At the Omerod 1 Wiring diagramm the Hotend needed 4 Wires a supply. I think 4 wires are no more needed ?! Do i have to pay attention to polarity of the thermistor ?

3. DC's Mini height sensor board
Is my assumption right that i have to put the MHS Board on the probe connector ?

4. Heatedbed
I still use the heatedbad of the omerod1. The "old" Heatedbad uses Ribon Cables for the power supply. Should i remove the IDC connectors and solder a new plug for normal single core cables ? or is there maybe a other work around ?

confused smiley

Do i have to pay attention to something special when i wiring the new board ?

thx for your help thumbs up
br
Thomas
Attachments:
open | download - pasted image 0.png (162.5 KB)
Re: confused smileyRe: I crushed my Duet Board! hot smiley
August 12, 2016 04:30PM
Hi Thomas,

Some of your questions are answered at [duet3d.com].

You can put a jumper across the 5V_EN pins to generate 5V power on board.

The thermistor polarity doesn't matter unless you are using my Ormerod IR sensor board.

You will need to rep!ace the ribbon cable by 2 core flexible cable.

You may wish to connect the hot end fan to the FAN1 connector and control it thermostatically.

HTH David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2016 04:31PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

August 14, 2016 05:41AM
Big thx for your help David! everythink worked fine thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up also the link to duet3D Homepage was very helpful!

The last problem i have now, all my motors move in the wrong direction smiling smiley i didnt found a solution online :/ Maybe someone already had this problem ?
August 14, 2016 06:15AM
stom
Big thx for your help David! everythink worked fine thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up also the link to duet3D Homepage was very helpful!

The last problem i have now, all my motors move in the wrong direction smiling smiley i didnt found a solution online :/ Maybe someone already had this problem ?

Either reverse your stepper motor connectors where they plug into the Duet (power off before you do this), or use M569 commands in config.g. See the M569 commands in [duet3d.com].

August 17, 2016 04:28AM
Thx for your help now my Printer is working again! awesome stuff thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login