Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange JSON error

Posted by VortyZA 
Strange JSON error
August 02, 2016 07:48AM
I tried to print an item from the SD card, but whenever I went to browse for the file I would get "an AJAX error has occurred" which would reset the connection.
I really needed to print the file, so I used gcodes to print the file directly.
The print went perfectly, but the web interface did not work at at all - kept on throwing up JSON errors.
I turned on the developer view in Firefox and captured this error:
"
Error! The following JSON response could not be parsed:
model.js:993 {"err":0,"size":2465816,"height":0.00,"firstLayerHeight":0.20,"layerHeight":0.20,"filament":[8355.8],"generatedBy":"Slic3r 1.30.0-prusa3d-release_candidate_1_3 on 20","printDuration":5817,"fileName":"DAVID\UPPERNEW.GCODE"}
"

I was wondering if it might have something to do with the \U, but I don't know anything about web development, so could be talking total junk! smiling smiley

It's not using the latest firmware, so it might already be solved?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 07:50AM by VortyZA.
Re: Strange JSON error
August 02, 2016 12:45PM
Yes the \U should be sent as \\U. I have just checked the latest sources and it's a bug in the latest release too. I'll fix it in my next release (1.15), in the mean time I suggest you edit the gcode file to change the "\" to "." or similar (not "/") and re-upload it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 12:51PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Strange JSON error
August 04, 2016 03:25AM
Thanks as usual for the reply!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login