Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting the Z Probe Help needed

Posted by brlowe 
Setting the Z Probe Help needed
June 09, 2016 04:24PM
Hi all,
I know I must be the slowest builder of one of the printers ever.
So I have been working thru all the calibration the last couple days when I have time and I'm trying to set the Z probe now.
I have gone thru the process a couple of times and the G31 command I'm entering is
G31 Z2.0 P605 as these are the numbers I get following the process.
Now when I hit the home buttons I have 2 problems. First is the nozzle is off the side of the glass so the Y axis seams to be a little off but I'm not sure how to adjust that or maybe that is right.
Now after following the process for the Z probe when I hit the home button the nozzle is lower than the glass or it hits the glass if I move the table under it. It needs to be about 0.2 or 0.3 higher to just let me slide some paper under it.

I have leveled the table and this really should not matter for this as I'm making the setting and testing it in the same corner.
So how do I adjust this and how do I adjust the table so the nozzle is not off the edge if this is wrong?

By the way I am using the web interface now to connect to the printer but can still use the USB port if needed and I'm on the 1.12a-dc42 firmware.

Thanks for helping me.
Re: Setting the Z Probe Help needed
June 10, 2016 02:21AM
Do you use the stock probe sensor? Does it have four connectors?
Please move the table to 100/100. Make sure the heaters are off. Lower the z-axis until the sensor touches the surface. Watch the sensor value (z-probe). Does it raise? Which is the highest value you get?
This procedure is to check if the sensor is working properly.

I changed the coordinates in the files homeall.g and homez.g as well as bed.g to get a better shot on the readings. Unfortunately the values are optimized for dc42's sensor board (not the mini-board). If you use the stock sensor these values may need to be adjusted.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
June 17, 2016 12:38PM
Sorry it took so long for me to get back at this.
Yes I am running the stock sensor board. I have both of dc42's sensor boards but no way to mount them until I get this working and can print a new mount.
So moving the head out to the middle 100,100 if I lower the nozzle til it touches I get a reading of 400 and yes it changes as the head goes up and down. The reading is not has high as it is over the paper corners. There it is 972.

I tried to change the Y settings in Homeall and HomeY and it did not seam to make a different. Either way the nozzle hangs over the side of the printer surface. If I move y +5 then it is over the print area. How do these numbers work?

Here is Config.g
M208 X214 Y210 Z200 ; set axis maxima (adjust to suit your machine)
M208 X-8 Y0 Z-1 S1 ; set axis minimum (adjust to make X=0 the edge of the bed)

Here is HomeAll
G91
G1 Z4 F200
G1 X-240 Y-240 F3000 S1
G1 X4 Y4 F600
G1 X-10 Y-10 S1
G90
; Adjust the XY coordinates in the following to place the IR sensor over a suitable spot
; If you are using a dc42 IR sensor then you can change the coordinates to be near the centre of the bed
G1 X45 Y0 F2000
G30

And here is HomeY
G91
G1 Z4 F200
G1 Y-240 F3000 S1
G1 Y4 F600
G1 Y-10 S1
G1 Z-4 F200
G90

I now see they have the same info in them, so which one is used or has the control?

I just want to make sure I have these all correct.
Z axis moved the head up and down.
Y axis moves the table right and left.
X axis moves the head out and in on the arm.

Also when I hit home all it ends up with the following positions X= 45.00, Y= 4.99, Z= 2.00.
It seams like the Y axis is just all the way over until it trips the micro switch. Do I need to adjust this switch to get the surface in the right place?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2016 12:46PM by brlowe.
June 17, 2016 06:02PM
1. If you are using the RRP sensor then it needs the white paper to work. So use 4 point bed probing, not 5 point.

2. To set the edge of the bed to be (0,0), use the M208 S1 command to specify the X and Y coordinates where the homing switches trigger.

3. It doesn't really matter where the head ends up after homing, what matters is that X=0 Y=0 is the corner of the bed. If you want the head to go there at the end of homing, add G1 X0 Y0 F6000 to the end of homeall.g.

HTH David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2016 06:02PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 08, 2017 06:03AM
brlowe
Hi all,
I know I must be the slowest builder of one of the printers ever.

Definitely not the slowest - I'm still building mine after 15 months. I was held up life adventures, then an uneven desk, then twisted Y-axis rods! I've finally found some time to sort out my printer's issues with some metal replacement parts smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login