Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't detect bed.g probe points

Posted by xeb 
xeb
Can't detect bed.g probe points
June 08, 2016 02:20PM
I'm currently calibrating my Ormerod 2 and I'm setting up automatic bed compensation.

When I enter the command G32, it should launch the bed.g g-code file, but instead it returns the following:

Bed probing: there needs to be 3 or more points set.

I have checked the bed.g code file and I've altered each co-ordinate by 5mm to avoid hitting the clips on the edge when it probes the corners. Apart from the code is pretty much identical to the original file.

Any ideas why it won't run the compensation?

Cheers,

xeb
Re: Can't detect bed.g probe points
June 08, 2016 03:55PM
Which firmware version are you running? Look in the web interface or run M115 if you don't know.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
xeb
June 08, 2016 04:05PM
Hi,

It shows that I have firmware 0.78. I remember downloading 1.09 and have always assumed I'm running 1.09. Let me download the new firmware version and try again.

Thanks
June 10, 2016 02:04AM
You should install Firmware version 1.12a-dc42 or later.
If the message still persists please post your config.g and your bed.g here.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
xeb
June 13, 2016 11:29AM
Hi,

I have installed the 1.09 firmware and the bed.g file is now recognised, but I'm now faced with another problem. The hook on the 'Extruder drive block' snapped off. I suspected this may happen eventually over time, but not so soon... Now I have no where convenient to put my feed motor when I print stuff. I can't even duct tape the thing to any place convenient since the extruder drive block has such a peculiar shape. Either I get this damn printer working and printer another out of the stock PLA or I just go and print/buy one online... really annoyed by this.

I'll start a new thread on this later to to see if there are any temporary fixes for this.

Cheers for the help again guys.
June 13, 2016 02:00PM
you could try using some doublesided tape on the motor and glue it directly to the X-Arm for a temporary fix. But might be hard to remove later depending if you have alu or acrylic X arm.
xeb
June 13, 2016 04:48PM
Yeah I've tried something similar with duct tape this morning and the X-motor it got in the way of the bearing. And even duct tape didn't hold for long so I doubt double-sided tape would fair too well. I've managed to strap the driver block to the Z column using elastic bands and a bit of duct tape. This allowed me to get calibration out the way first. Print worked and it looks great.

Another dumb question: are all the Reprap Ormerod parts printed in ABS?
June 14, 2016 04:38AM
xeb
Another dumb question: are all the Reprap Ormerod parts printed in ABS?

Originally all parts are printed in PLA that is why you have to replace some parts if you want to print much ABS.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login