Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Low "Room Temp" Readings DC42 Firmware

Posted by jamesf 
Low "Room Temp" Readings DC42 Firmware
April 28, 2016 05:55AM
Hi guys,

After a LONG absence from using my Ormerod 2 (having a young child will do that to you!) I switched the beast on a few days ago, and all was well (did not print though)

Today I had some time on my hands so decided to really start using the printer again. I feel like a complete novice again, and since some parts of the learning curve have to be repeated I thought I might as well start with a firmware upgrade, and I have always wanted to go onto DC42's version.

All has gone well, and the only difference I see so far (except for all Daves great improvements of course) is that my hotend and bed temps now read about 5 degrees below zero when off (so about 25 below room temp.

I have scanned through readme's and done some quick searches here, and I apologise if this has been dealt with, but is there any setting I should put in for this firmware to improve this?

Firmware V1.11
Duet 0.6

I realise that temp accuracy is better at higher temps. The only real downside of these readings (if you can call it that) is that lowest setting for the temps in the interface is 0, and the bed and hotend heaters come on constantly to maintain that "zero" temp while the printer is idle since the readings are below 0

Thanks

James
Re: Low "Room Temp" Readings DC42 Firmware
April 28, 2016 01:13PM
can you post your config file? ,did u by any chance replace the Config file when u upgraded?

Make sure you have these lines in config.g file correct:
M305 P0 R4700 H0 L0					; Put your own H and/or L values here to set the bed thermistor ADC correction
M305 P1 R4700 H0 L0  					; Put your own H and/or L values here to set the first nozzle thermistor ADC correction
M305 P2 R4700 H0 L0					; Put your own H and/or L values here to set the second nozzle thermistor ADC correction

R1000 and R4700 depending on your version of duet.
To check which board you have: [reprappro.com]
Re: Low "Room Temp" Readings DC42 Firmware
April 28, 2016 01:40PM
Thanks that was it.

I had skimmed through the text and assumed I had the 4.7K because of the date I purchased the printer, not thinking the duet could have been a bit older! And of course I didnt go through the setup process as thoroughly as when I first built it!

Just goes to show - never assume anything!

Regards

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login