Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Widows update screwed web interface

Posted by dmould 
Widows update screwed web interface
April 17, 2016 07:39AM
Sigh ... Printed OK last night, then my Windows 8.1 PC updated itself when I shut down. This morning I saw that my IE had been reset to defaults (home page lost etc) and a few other changes caused no doubt by the update. I connected to the Ormerod as I usually do using Chrome and it seemed to be OK - I can control the printer, but there's no data or intermittent data coming back. My XYZ positions are picked up when I connect, but never change. None of the temperatures are read by the web interface (both say "n/a")

It seems to control the printer - I can home, upload files and get it printing but with no print progress.

Software info is:
Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware (CoreNG)
Firmware Version: 1.11 (2016-04-14)
Web Interface Version: HTML: 1.06, JS: 1.06
Web Interface by Christian Hammacher
Licensed under the terms of the GPL v2

Anyone have any ideas?

Dave
Re: Widows update screwed web interface
April 17, 2016 07:52AM
So the web interface does connect but never updates any information? We actually added caching keys to the HTTP responses in the firmware a while back to fix this, but you could check if disabling client-side caching makes a difference:

Force IE to check not to use cached pages: In the IE menu, click on Tools/ Internet options / Settings (at Temporary Internet files block) / Check for new pages: ->each visit to the page.

Alternatively try another browser like Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
April 17, 2016 08:00AM
Firmware 1.11 needs a more recent web interface than 1.06. Try upgrading DWC to 1.11.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 17, 2016 08:13AM
Thanks for the fast responses. I'll try to find the latest web interface - I use Chrome for printing, I mentioned IE because that exhibited obvious changes due to the Win update.

Dave
April 17, 2016 09:49AM
You can find a copy of DWC 1.11 in the SD Image folder of my github repo where you downloaded the firmware. Or get it direct from chrishamm's github repo.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 18, 2016 06:57AM
Thanks - the latest web interface works OK.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login