May 05, 2016 08:42AM
@Peter

Printed bobtidey modified version:

[forums.reprap.org]

...and jstck´s extended one:

[forums.reprap.org]

will send Monday Friday

Erik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 12:33PM by ormerod168.
Re: Printing replacement parts for ormerod 1
May 05, 2016 02:46PM
Great. Thank you very much Ormerod168.
Peter
May 10, 2016 02:46PM
Thanks again Erik. The parts arrived today and look brilliant . I hope one day to be able to print parts of such a high standard!
I decided to fit the version for the shorter nuts initially (thanks for the nuts!) as previously I had noticed that the top end of the threaded rod wobbled significantly as it rotated and thought that with the longer nut (from ebay) might cause significant binding, restricting the smooth running of the z axis. I will try the longer one once I have had a bit more experience..

Peter
May 11, 2016 01:12PM
PeterSimpson
Thanks again Erik. The parts arrived today and look brilliant .

No problem Peter, glad to help!

I decided to fit the version for the shorter nuts initially (thanks for the nuts!) as previously I had noticed that the top end of the threaded rod wobbled significantly as it rotated and thought that with the longer nut (from ebay) might cause significant binding, restricting the smooth running of the z axis.

My thoughts exactly, could be a problem esp. with the lower layers where the nut is close to the bearing and not able to flex very much, its like 3 bearings on the same axle, bad idea if not perfectly in line - and the position of your z-nut-trap is now changed a bit as the alu x-arm is a bit thicker than the original acrylic one

...was not sure if you still used the original steel nut so added the tin-plated brass nuts to the package

Erik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login