Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web Interface support for Ipad/Safari

Posted by ezwul 
Web Interface support for Ipad/Safari
August 06, 2014 05:06PM
Hi,

I have not made prints longer than a couple of hours so far and so the web interface running on Chrome and a Linux PC has remained connected throughout that period.

So when you start a much longer print, and then turn your PC off for the night leaving the printer to continue from the SD card, can you then return with the PC and reconnect the web interface and continue to monitor the print from its current print status?

I have tried connecting with my Ipad and Safari, and apart from the difference in minimal screen size, it looks like the interface gets reset each time I make the conection.
I obviously dont want this connection to upset the current ongoing print.

Lloyd
Re: Web Interface support for Ipad/Safari
August 06, 2014 07:33PM
In an earlier firmware version i had a problem with print being stopped when i disconnected while using the "upload & print" button at the top of the page.

for piece of mind I would suggest using the "SD upload Drop" on the g codes tab then once it is uploaded printing it from there. it will run with or without a browser connected and you can connect from different devices during the print.
August 07, 2014 03:22AM
It should be perfectly OK to disconnect the web browser during a print and reconnect it later, however when you reconnect you will not get the statistics for the print in progress. I believe zombiepantslol has fixed this in his fork of the firmware, and I intend to incorporate that change into mine soon.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 07, 2014 06:01AM
Hi DC
OK, I'll test this when I see its added in your release posts.

I am also interested in tinkering in the code, if you dont mind me asking "what build environment do you use? eclipse? arduino IDE? winavr? windows? Linux? etc" I'd like to reproduce a clean environment to play in and duplicating someone elses work space is usually the best way to guarantee a positive result in the smallest time.
thanks
Lloyd
August 07, 2014 06:06AM
The build environment is a slightly old version of Eclipse (Juno) with an Arduino plugin, and I use it under Windows 7. There are a couple of threads on this forum about setting up the build environment.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 07, 2014 06:49AM
Thanks, thats a starting point, similar to what I was putting together, you have answered the main point on using older versions.

and if it aint broke dont tinker with it, is always a good starting approach.

I'll look for the other posts.

Lloyd
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login