Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Laser cut Aluminium X-Arm & Rib kits....

Posted by Davek0974 
Re: Laser cut Aluminium X-Arm & Rib kits....
July 08, 2017 02:04PM
Karoo Klong

How do you find the machine/kit number?
I would really like to know and use it's number.

The first 500 was version 383 (RS red printed parts), the later was named ver. 384

You can download the source codes here:

[github.com]

Erik
July 11, 2017 05:15AM
Thank you Erik

I will ask Greg if he perhaps still have that certificate.
July 15, 2017 06:15AM
trevmas
..I think the secret is getting the cooling block in the right place..

Agreed...and a lot of cooling added to the cooling block

The downside is that the low mounted fan do not leave much space to ad proper cooling to the print but one can fix that by adding another cooling block on top of the original one (and that also ads more thermal mass to the cooling block) - its a prototype so looks a bit messy, and prolly better to make the cooling block as one part, but screwed together with heat paste between it works just fine

The treads are in the lower part, upper part is free-bored, so a really easy mod to make if one has an extra cooling block

BTW, the centrifugal blower used is a Delta Electronic BUB0512HB DC12 0.24A, moves a lot of air

...and using reasonable retraction settings.

I retract 10.0mm at 60mm/sec in the end script and it do not give me any trouble

Erik
July 18, 2017 06:59AM
ormerod168

...and using reasonable retraction settings.

I retract 10.0mm at 60mm/sec in the end script and it do not give me any trouble

Erik

I was using something similar with the stock 0.5 nozzle in a quickset hot end but now I use a 0.3 nozzle and have been able to reduce it to 2.6 mm but slower at 30 mm/s for PLA. I find ABS needs a bit more retraction at about 5 mm With the quickset hot end if the cooling block is slightly above or below the shoulder it will jam with very large retraction settings.
November 29, 2017 04:39AM
Hi all,

Christmas is coming - we still supply the bed and arm kits for mk1's and bed kits for mk2's smiling smiley

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Also supplier of...
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates - no more sagging heat bed. [ddmetalproducts.co.uk]
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods - no more bendy acrylic. [ddmetalproducts.co.uk]
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
November 29, 2017 12:36PM
Davek0974
Hi all,

Christmas is coming - we still supply the bed and arm kits for mk1's and bed kits for mk2's smiling smiley

Also have stock of the Ormerod MK2 printer support bed 3D Print and Stuff - Printer Bed Support
Improves the levelness of print bed and won't bend or warp like the original MDF one.

Supporting 3D Printers with Parts and Build services - [www.3dprintandstuff.co.uk]
Printer: Ormerod 2 (528.4) Duel extruder set-up with Aluminium X-Rib, RRPro Firmware v1.11-ch (2016-04-08)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login