Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alu Hot Bed Print Plate

Posted by muggi 
Alu Hot Bed Print Plate
July 19, 2014 08:59AM
Hi,

i bought yesterday on ebay this print plate because my glas plate wasn´t plane.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Thermostabile-Dauerdruckplatte-3D-Drucker-Reprap-Prusa-Mendel-Aluplatte-/231205124933?pt=Standmodelle_Baus%C3%A4tze&hash=item35d4e63b45

Today it arrives and i immediatly test it with print of pla and 60 degrees celcius bed temperature without tapes on the blank plate.
The alu plate fits perfect an the heatbed!

The adhesion is great! after the print you have to wait to cool down to room temperature and the printed part can be removed without tool.

Because it is a alu plate with a special coating, don´t use any tools the plate to avoid scratches.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2014 09:01AM by muggi.
Re: Alu Hot Bed Print Plate
July 20, 2014 05:27AM
I noticed this printing plate, which looks interesting: [www.geckotek3d.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
July 20, 2014 06:03AM
droftarts
I noticed this printing plate, which looks interesting: [www.geckotek3d.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support

I made a post about this the other day. I have ordered a package that has a magnetic holder that should fit the printbed.

Will let people know if it is any good when it arrives.
July 20, 2014 04:00PM
Muggi, why did you put the new alu plate on the old alu plate, why not directly on to the heater? Was it suggested like that by the manufacturer?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2014 04:43PM by Sardi.
July 21, 2014 11:49AM
Hi Sardi,

it is only a lacy-fast try of the new special plate. so i can easy roll back if i have any issues.

Also i use dave´s triangle bed plate, and without the original heat spreader the pcb maybe isn´t plane.

After 8 hours of printing: no problems...... the pla sticks well, after cooling down it "jumps" from the bed, and nothing to clean!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 11:51AM by muggi.
July 22, 2014 01:53AM
Ok Muggi, thanks.
Im thinking of ordering one too, so keep us posted if anything new happens.

Cheers,
Antonio
August 08, 2014 10:39AM
I've got one of these alu plates, too, and I'm quite satisfied with it so far. It works well with ABS and I can use my standard hot bed temperatures without any problems (120°C for first layer, 90°C for all others - gives me absolutely warp-free prints).

I hope the coating will last for a while, but it's all looking good at the moment. I will report again if I experience any problems.
August 08, 2014 11:26AM
Hi zpl,

But please wait After print for cooling down the plate. If you pull down the print with force... The coating will go off the plate!!!!
August 08, 2014 12:01PM
muggi
Hi zpl,

But please wait After print for cooling down the plate. If you pull down the print with force... The coating will go off the plate!!!!

Hi muggi,

I always wait until the temperature decreases to less than 60°C, then my parts usually pop off automatically. But what's concerning me is the fact that the coating looks a little bit lifted at the perimeters. I hope this is not a sign of wear after only a few successful prints...

Here is a picture, I hope you can see what I mean:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 12:09PM by zombiepantslol.
August 08, 2014 12:21PM
Hi,

This appears in Mine to.... But i made the mistake to Pit it of on hot temps... Below 40 degrees it didnt loose the coating. But i only print pla at the Moment....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 12:22PM by muggi.
August 13, 2014 05:31AM
It kinda looks like anodized aluminum?

Also how thick is the plate?

Cheers
August 13, 2014 06:16AM
Its a alu plate with a thermostable Plastik coating...

Its 3mm thick, absolute plane and stiff
August 13, 2014 06:48AM
Thermostable? Some are pulling of the coating after heating?

Thanks for replying though winking smiley
August 13, 2014 07:28AM
Important is to wait enough After printing. At about 35 degrees the printed object fies off the plate without pulling... And without pulling up the coating

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2014 07:28AM by muggi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login