Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"The heat will make the glass bulge"

Posted by ormerod168 
"The heat will make the glass bulge"
May 08, 2014 06:41PM
..sag actually, in this test 0.03mm from 22.3 to 89,7 degrees C

DTI mount, pics for auser, 18mm from edge, 4mm more than the one I made, should give you room to clear the printed part and low mount the DTI

Erik
Re: "The heat will make the glass bulge"
May 08, 2014 06:51PM
Interesting Erik....Nice work... I personaly thought it would HOG, not SAG....
I'm supprised you didn't print the DTI clamp.
One thought on that by the way.... I have thought of mounting one on my printer, but then I thought that the arm must sag under the weight of the HotEnd, and so having a DTI there instead would alter things. I leveled my bed, with the feeder in the middle notch, then moved it closer to the Z axis... I had to level the bed again....
I think you need one of my Nozzle mounts BTW..... winking smiley

Kim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 06:53PM by KimBrown.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
May 09, 2014 03:11AM
KimBrown
Interesting Erik....Nice work... I personaly thought it would HOG, not SAG....

Hog? - like in oink-oink? - aint that something you eat? :-)

I'm supprised you didn't print the DTI clamp.

A PLA printed part near the hot surface would ad another variable...and let me be clear: it's not because I can't draw!

..just joking, of cause I can draw...and hit a hog from 10 paces in 2 sec. :-)

but back to the variables - the ball point of the DTI may make a bigger impact in the capton at higher temperatures so the change is prolly less than 0.03

I think you need one of my Nozzle mounts BTW..... winking smiley

Huh? - You made a nozzle mount??
;-)

Erik
May 09, 2014 07:37AM
KimBrown
One thought on that by the way.... I have thought of mounting one on my printer, but then I thought that the arm must sag under the weight of the HotEnd, and so having a DTI there instead would alter things...

Agree - those things will make an impact on the measurement along the x-axis, but the DTI is a very useful tool for leveling the bed in the Y direction near the extrusion, yes the bed might be influenced a tiny bit by the spring, but should be the same in both directions....and at the outer points of the bed, to get the y-axis end plates perfectly parallel

The final adjustment of the single front screw as to get the print head perfectly parallel to the bed is much better done comparing the bed to the nozzle

Erik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login