Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface - mac

Posted by Astute 
Pronterface - mac
January 14, 2014 04:42AM
I have the "non compiled" version of Pronterface running on my Mac.

My problem is that the XYZ/homing "circle" thing is missing completely from the interface. All other buttons and so on are there...
Re: Pronterface - mac
January 14, 2014 04:58AM
My guess (and it is only that) is that the version of wxPython for Mac you have installed is missing some functionality. The 2.8 version is very old. There is a 3.0 version of wxPython available, but I don't know how compatible it is with 2.8.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 14, 2014 05:41AM
Astute - maybe you should try repetier host [www.repetier.com] , I've been using this almost exclusively on my mac - it has a very slick and useful set of controls, as well as a host of other features (including some configuration pages that let you set it up to take advantage of DC's USB fix without having to recompile).

I've attached a screengrab (it's in the middle of a USB print and is showing the buffered moves in red, and the already printed stuff in blue)

Ray
January 16, 2014 07:43AM
Thanks Ray!

Used repetier. Where do you correct the USB speed problem in repetier?

Also my repetier seems to "hang" with "X commands awaiting" sometimes - and if i then let it be for 5 min it suddenly runs the commands...

On the topic of pronterface; if I use the latest pronterface I get the UI correct - and if i use the uncompiled Reprap version it does not show ie. the WX is installed...
January 16, 2014 08:14AM
in the printer settings dialog, "connection" tab, I have "receive cache size 511", "use Ping-Pong" off, "Firmware sends OK" also off - I presume (but am not sure) that the "ping pong off" setting does something similar to the option that dc42 changes in the pronterface code. Using a smaller buffer gives rise to stuttering too (with very long jobs I seem to get some stuttering creeping too - this can sometimes be cured on the fly by clicking "fake OK" in the printpanel tab of the main window (this also will clear the backed up commands you're sometimes getting - where repetier has missed an acknowledgement from firmware and is awaiting one). I cant' get reliable connection past the 115200 speed, maybe an issue with the mac's usb, or the cable or god knows what elsesmiling smiley

Cheers

Ray
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login