Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From this to this in 3 days !

Posted by hughesie 
From this to this in 3 days !
December 27, 2013 01:19PM
Had to let it run for a bit but thought I would show you my first and last print
Attachments:
open | download - 3.JPG (380.4 KB)
Re: From this to this in 3 days !
December 27, 2013 01:38PM
Very nice! Where did you find the design? How long did it take to print?
December 27, 2013 02:20PM
Hughsie

Very nice indeed. Let's hope you mean most recent print rather than last. For a moment I had a horrible vision of the whole experience driving you to the brink. I wonder when we get two colours we can put convincing blue lines in the Marble? Leonardo eat your heart out.

Rory
December 27, 2013 03:59PM
dc42
Very nice! Where did you find the design? How long did it take to print?

I found it on thingiverse and I'm not exactly sure how long but I think about 6.5 hours

H
December 27, 2013 04:02PM
Rory166
Hughsie

Very nice indeed. Let's hope you mean most recent print rather than last. For a moment I had a horrible vision of the whole experience driving you to the brink. I wonder when we get two colours we can put convincing blue lines in the Marble? Leonardo eat your heart out.

Rory

I can't wait for the 3 colour head , I emailed Reprappro asking when it would be out and was told not in the near future.

Being a Stonemason the closer to marble looking the better !!!

h
December 27, 2013 04:10PM
hughesie
I can't wait for the 3 colour head , I emailed Reprappro asking when it would be out and was told not in the near future.

I was speaking to a supplier of filament today, and he said he will soon be stocking a PVA (?) filament that dissolves in water. The idea is that you use it to support large overhangs etc. and then dissolve it away. It sounds interesting, but obviously you would need a multi-head machine to make use of it.
December 27, 2013 04:22PM
I was a bit concerned with the Venus print as the right arm and the chin really could do with some support , I took the gamble and set it going , I had to go out after it got to above the knee . When I returned I expected a big problem but all It had was a little run in both locations.

Building this printer has really fired my interest in 3D printing . I use Rhino at work a lot for design work for a CNC .

H
December 28, 2013 04:58AM
Hughsie

Had you not noticed one of the arms seems to have fallen off!

Rory
December 28, 2013 10:30AM
Rory

"Had you not noticed one of the arms seems to have fallen off!"

they keep all small bodyparts in a separate museum, Eddie Izzard say so - so it must be true (LOL)

Erik
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login