Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface RepRapPro edition

Posted by davem 
Pronterface RepRapPro edition
December 23, 2013 04:04AM
Hi all
The information in the build instructions refer to a special edition of Pronterface for the RepRapPro machines. I have not been able to find it anywhere. When I go to the github site and download the printrun software and load it, I only seem to have the standard Pronterface edition.

Where can I find this "special edition" of Pronterface?

Dave M
Re: Pronterface RepRapPro edition
December 23, 2013 05:36AM
Hi Dave M

This 'special edition' Pronterface is the 'Advanced' installation, covered in the 'commissioning' instructions, under 'connect via Pronterface'.

A little more detail:

Pronterface (actually, it's called Printrun, Pronterface is the Printrun interface) is written in the Python programming language. It can be compiled to run as a stand-alone executable file, or run as-is if you have Python installed.

The 'special edition' has not been compiled into a convenient ZIP file, yet, so is installed from 'source'. It is available from the github page here: [github.com]

You need to 'install dependencies' first: [github.com]
This installs the Python programming language, and the other parts needed.

Then click the 'Download ZIP' button on the right hand side at the top of the same github page. This downloads the 'Python source' version of Pronterface. Unzip it and run 'Pronterface.py' from the directory. The .py on the end indicates that it is a Python program.

It adds two extra options to the 'File' menu, which are documented here: [www.reprappro.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login