Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X - Axis Crashing

Posted by repraprobbie 
X - Axis Crashing
December 17, 2013 09:39AM
Hello can someone please help as we are having a very frustrating and torrid time with our new Omerod!!

We are trying to commission our Omerod using the Chrome web interface.

The instructions tell us to Home the X and Y axis.
When we click Home Y (bed) the bed moves all the way from right to left, hits the stop, goes back to the right, perfect.
When we click Home X (extruder) the extruder moves straight along the X axis and crashes into the z axis pillar and tries to carry on until we kill the power!

What could be wrong?

Should the Z probe automatically stop this happening on start up or is the Z probe only for detection of the bed in the up and down direction?

Please help!

Rob.
Re: X - Axis Crashing
December 17, 2013 10:14AM
same problem here.
December 17, 2013 10:25AM
@repraprobbie,

x should home using the z probe (there's a horizontal lug on the clamping piece that holds the X axis motor, the zprobe finds this for X home) markbee posted in another thread that applying a piece of white tape to the lug fixes the crash. In my case, the carriage couldn't reach that lug because it hit the electronics case first - check that the electronics case isn't in the way of the x carriage (if it is, try sliding it along towards Y axis motor, or sliding the Z column away from Y axis motor), and if it isn't try sticking a bit of white tape on the lug.

Ray
December 17, 2013 10:36AM
I used some of the aluminium foil that came in the kit and it is now working
December 17, 2013 10:56AM
I had the same problem with the x-axis and as rayhicks mentioned I put some (white) tape on to the lug.
Since then I had never any problems with x-homing.
Unfortunately I still have problems (sometimes) with y-homing and z-homing (see other thread).

Markus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 10:57AM by markbee.

XBee & electronics blog: [lookmanowire.blogspot.com]
December 17, 2013 11:09AM
Thanks Ray,

We already sussed the case issue earlier on, but thanks for the tip on the white tape, will try it next.........

Faulty Z-probe me thinks........is the sensors polarity sensitive?

Do you know if there is a schematic with parts listed for the Z-probe????
December 17, 2013 11:34AM
@repraprobbie: the Z probe wiring is polarity sensitive. You can check the probe is working by sending a G31 command, which will report the reading of the Z probe. Repeat with an object at varying distances from the sensor and you should see readings going up to about 970 when the target is touching the sensor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login