Snowman

Posted by markbee 
Snowman
December 16, 2013 10:47AM
First snowman on #004 winking smiley

Markus

XBee & electronics blog: [lookmanowire.blogspot.com]
Attachments:
open | download - snowman_reprap_forum.jpg (454.9 KB)
Re: Snowman
December 16, 2013 03:16PM
Yay!

And now, the inevitable critique... looks like you're over-extruding a bit.

But well done!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
December 16, 2013 04:19PM
Hi Ian,

yes, it looks I have to fine tune that (lot of things on this list though).
I had some problems with the large extruder gears. They were not running smoothly because some of the spaces between the teeth had not enough clearance. Now I changed that (running smoothly now) and maybe the gears are running faster now and extruding more than measured with the original "notchy" setup.

Markus

December 16, 2013 04:29PM
Markus

Make sure the motor gear is the right way up; "it has a small lip at the bottom of the teeth. This side must be against the drive block face." (from the instructions).
There's a tiny amount of movement in the motor screws, which may help too; if you loosen them, spin the gears, then tighten, it may move the motor slightly away from the large gear, and help meshing of the gears.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
December 16, 2013 04:41PM
Hi and here is my first print on #007 today and also a snowman!

All comments welcome.

The main issue I had was getting the nozzle close to the print surface with a suitable clearance on the z-mount holder, but got there in the end!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 04:42PM by Treth.
December 18, 2013 12:36PM
after Ian pointed out in irc that files print better from the SD card rather than over USB, I tried, and they're remarkably better - below is my picture of two )black) snowmen - the one enclosed in the outline is printed from SD, the one on the left is over USB - like Markus, I had blobs and a cookie-cutter outline - treth, did you print yours from SD?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 12:38PM by rayhicks.
Attachments:
open | download - DSCN0908.JPG (196 KB)
December 18, 2013 12:37PM
Hi all,

while chatting with Ian and rayhicks we discovered that there are major differences from printing with Pronterface via the serial bus and printing from Pronterface and the sd card in the duet board.
To get a comparison I again printed the snowman.g - this time with Pronterface and from sd card.

Markus

Attachments:
open | download - snowman_reprap_forum_sd_card.jpg (412.6 KB)
December 18, 2013 04:13PM
@rayhicks, mine was from the SD card.
Interesting differences in print quality, presumably this is related to the output printing rate being disturbed by the USB data transfer speed?
Could also show that it is important to have a fast microSD card (but that may be a different issue!)

I'll certainly will try the snowman again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login