Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KISSlicer settings for ormerod

Posted by Derrick_SA 
KISSlicer settings for ormerod
June 20, 2014 04:09AM
I'm sorry if this is a post that's been handled before, I did search the forums, but could not find an answer.

Is there somewhere I can lookup recommended settings for KISSlicer for working with the ormerod to generate g-code?

thanks,
Derrick
Re: KISSlicer settings for ormerod
September 22, 2014 10:30AM
I wanted to try kisslicer too. Anyone?
September 23, 2014 02:52PM
1cm3.stl I made several 1cm3 blocks during my KISSlicer tests and found these to be my best settings. I want to test the destring prime and suck at 3mm as Ian suggested that was the proper Slic3r setting.

Socrates ~ The Amsterdamman
slic3r-1.2.9
September 27, 2014 06:24AM
I just bumped the Z offset to -0.03 or just slightly higher and the base of my prints is much better. No more flare at all on the bed side. They were real hard to remove as well, and now a bit easier, so a win-win. The 1cm3 measures very close to 10mm a side now. I think the Z is a tiny bit short for me. like 9.75mm out of the 10mm but everything seems to working again with the new Duet and sensor from the Ormerod2 kit.

slic3r-1.2.9
September 30, 2014 05:03AM
I've given up on printing with KISSLicer and moved back to Slic3r. Printing the Ormerod2 kit parts has shown the better quality from Slic3r. I tried the beta 1.2 Slic3r but found it moved my nozzle crazy fast messing up the prints. So using the 1.1.7 version. Still love KISSLicer for a visual model checker to find errors but slicing with Slic3r now.

slic3r-1.2.9
October 25, 2017 07:18AM
Hi Guys

I spoke to the person I bought my filament from yesterday and he has apaid version from Simplify3D and he swears he rather prefers working with KISSlicer.

What are your opinions on this for now?
I have the Prusa Edition Slic3r and the quality seem good but I want to find something optimal for my printer.

I serously considered getting Simplify3D

Best regards
Michiel
October 27, 2017 03:37PM
Im working with Cura and Slic3r, depending what Im printing and so far have no need to use any other slicer.
November 02, 2017 08:08PM
Thank you for your reply Sardi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2017 08:08PM by Karoo Klong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login