Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New connector

Posted by dmould 
New connector
May 23, 2017 07:08AM
Probably not the best forum for this post, but I don't follow many others. For those of us who mess around with the electronics, I have just received some marketing material about a connector that would seem to be ideal to take the place of screw terminal blocks for the higher current circuits.

[www.anglia-live.com]

It claims to be good up to 9 amps, but has a low number of mating cycles (5), so suitable only for wires that you would seldom disconnect. I am not associated with that company, and have not tried the connector in question. It would avoid the fire risk associated with screw terminals working loose and becoming high resistance, and looks like it does not need ferrules (BICBW).

Dave
Re: New connector
May 29, 2017 06:50AM
I could be wrong, but I doubt they are any use with stranded cable (unless you use a ferrule) - I just can't see how you would push the wire in.

Wago do some interesting stuff - might be worth looking there. Their bigger products (which are still pretty small) are rated at 10's of amps and they do ones which work fine with stranded cable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2017 06:52AM by stevelup.
Re: New connector
May 29, 2017 08:14AM
they are also available from Screwfix in the UK

see [www.screwfix.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2017 08:16AM by dougal1957.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login