Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the current reccomended software and firmware?

Posted by Rory166 
What is the current reccomended software and firmware?
January 14, 2014 05:36PM
Things seem to be moving on. It would be useful for the uninitiated such as me if a record could be kept of the best firmware and software to use. and instructions as to where to find it and how to load it. Maybee the build instructions are sufficient?

Rory
Re: What is the current reccomended software and firmware?
January 14, 2014 06:21PM
As far as firmware goes, you need to keep checking on github for the latest versions I think - and keep an eye on dc42 in case he's pulled another blinder smiling smiley for software, similar - I understand the USB fix requires that you have the non-pre-compiled version of pronterface so that you can make dc42's edit then compile it., but hopefully there'll be a precompiled version that has the fix soon (there may be already, I haven't looked). I use repetier on the mac (it has more user settings, so you don't need to recompile it, and it let me print when pronterface on the mac and pc wouldn't, and it has some excellent features that aren't in pronterface or the web interface yet), repetier on the pc didn't work for me when I tried it, but now that the firmware is more robust, it may be worth having a go (if so then I can use my pc for modelling/slicing/printing, and keep my mac laptop for other stuff). I'm looking forward to getting a chance to run iamburny's alternative web interface [forums.reprap.org], which looks like it may turn into a good alternative to pronterface/printrun or repetier host - actually looking it up just now, it now it appears that one of the main stumbling blocks to trying it for me (having a web server) has been removed, so I'll have a go at it tomorrow,

Cheers

Ray
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login