Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zion16 a Fast 16x16x32" build volume printer

Posted by xaberx 
Zion16 a Fast 16x16x32" build volume printer
December 31, 2013 11:45AM
I recently created a 3D printer called the Zion16 which has a build area of 16x16x32" by printing its frame entirely on another much larger 3D printer I built.

I have launched a kickstarter campaign(Zion16 Kickstarter Page )in order to mass produce these pritners.

My goal is to keep them under $1000 and keep them affordable so anyone can start printing with a larger build area.
Please let me know what you think about my printer and any ideas or recommendations you might have.
I am designing this pritner to be easily upgradable by the end user, some things I have already planned are dual extruders and a swappable bed system.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Ryan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 11:46AM by xaberx.
Re: Zion16 a Fast 16x16x32" build volume printer
January 28, 2014 03:38PM
Hey Ryan,

I'm new to the 3D printing world but will be building my first here in a month or two. I've been researching like crazy and honestly what you're creating with the Zion16 project I think is totally awesome.

My original plan has been to build a Mendel90 for my first printer and buying a kit from NopHead, but seeing your kickstarter offer for the Zion16 kit makes me second guess myself. However I noticed the estimated delivery for those would be May of this year; is that still what your estimate is? I ask because I'd love to support your project and get started with a larger format printer like the Zion16, I'm honestly just a little impatient to wait until May. =]

If you get this let me know what you think about starting with your Zion16 as a first build instead of a Mendel90, and whether or not you still estimate May when you could ship kits out.

Thanks!

Caleb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login