Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiki

Posted by Dark Alchemist 
Wiki
July 18, 2016 08:55AM
I used to modify the wiki when I first got my printer and updated a lot of stuff AND my updates (all of them) remain. I spent a lot of time updating the sections so I decided to update something and it says my ip is blocked from updating the wiki. Why?

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
Re: Wiki
July 18, 2016 09:10AM
wiki aint as free and open as it used to be

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 09:14AM by jinx.
July 18, 2016 09:27AM
You might have fallen in the middle of our evergoing war against spammers.

What is your username in the wiki ? You were trying from the same IP block (internet connection) you are using here ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
July 18, 2016 11:30AM
DeuxVis
You might have fallen in the middle of our evergoing war against spammers.

What is your username in the wiki ? You were trying from the same IP block (internet connection) you are using here ?
Yep, same login and ip.

edit: Now I know my ip changes and I don't just mean the last octet either as I have seen me listed as in MI, and NJ, and IL before thanks to Comcast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 11:31AM by Dark Alchemist.

_______
I await Skynet and my last vision will be of a RepRap self replicating the robots that is destroying the human race.
July 18, 2016 01:54PM
I'm investigating, you are not intentionally blocked so I have to dig up which other ban you ended up collateral.

Sorry and please be patient, I'm not usually working much on the wiki so I have to learn how it works.

July 18, 2016 08:12PM
DeuxVis
I'm investigating, you are not intentionally blocked so I have to dig up which other ban you ended up collateral.

Sorry and please be patient, I'm not usually working much on the wiki so I have to learn how it works.
No problem as I was just surprised about that.

_______
July 19, 2016 09:36AM
To help me find where that blocking comes from, could you please try again and cut and paste the exact message you get ?

July 19, 2016 10:19AM
DeuxVis
To help me find where that blocking comes from, could you please try again and cut and paste the exact message you get ?
Some reason my password does not work there so...

Internal error
Jump to: navigation, search

Your IP address is blocked from editing, and so is not allowed to use the password recovery function to prevent abuse.

Return to Main Page.

_______
July 27, 2016 08:43PM
Any word on this?

_______
July 28, 2016 04:08AM
Sorry, no results from my investigation yet.

I'll try and put some more time into this issue asap.

September 29, 2016 04:57AM
Sorry I haven't had a chance to work on that recently.

Are you still blocked on the wiki DA ?

I'll ask some other admins to put some time in here if you still cannot log in or edit wiki pages.

September 29, 2016 09:23AM
DeuxVis
Sorry I haven't had a chance to work on that recently.

Are you still blocked on the wiki DA ?

I'll ask some other admins to put some time in here if you still cannot log in or edit wiki pages.
I finally was able to log in but I had to reset my password first. I noticed Comcast has updated my ip again so it is possible I have moved to a non blocked ip but seriously with Dynamic ip schemes blocking of ips is a bad idea unless from known spam countries.

Thank you for your help.

_______
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login