Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MediaWiki bitrot, overzealous spam filter

Posted by daemonburrito 
MediaWiki bitrot, overzealous spam filter
February 25, 2016 02:36PM
Hey, all. I've been trying for a bit to give the wiki some love, and have incidentally traced out some brokenness for new contributors.

The most recent problem is the spam filter, which seems to be misbehaving. Any edits at all, whether or not it contains a link, or if it's on my user page, or if it is small or large, trigger the filter.

More generally, I'm wondering about resources for maintenance of the mother reprap site, and if there is a shortage of people with time and energy, because I'd love to help out more, and I've got some of both atm.

So, any takers on the overzealous spam filter?
Re: MediaWiki bitrot, overzealous spam filter
February 28, 2016 01:16AM
daemonburrito
More generally, I'm wondering about resources for maintenance of the mother reprap site, and if there is a shortage of people with time and energy, because I'd love to help out more, and I've got some of both atm.
I would really like to get you a working account! Sorry for the delay on this. I sent another email to the admin mailing list. I hope we can work out a solution.
February 28, 2016 01:45AM
There are 4 spam filters configred on the wiki: Spam Blacklist, Bad Behavior, DNS blacklists, and a really basic $wgSpamRegex.

Any example of a failing edit and the response from the wiki someone could use to figure out what filter is overzealous?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2016 01:45AM by dantman.
February 28, 2016 07:38AM
Someone gave the $wgSpamRegex a bad regexp that matched everything.

Try editing now.
February 28, 2016 04:18PM
That's got it. Thanks, all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login