Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to do with the Sanguino subforum - Split from: Can we add a Electronics Duet Folder

Posted by enif 
What to do with the Sanguino subforum - Split from: Can we add a Electronics Duet Folder
February 17, 2016 04:25AM
Dust
I think Sanguinololu section should be retired, just put back into controllers.

Their time seems to have past....

Why not leave the section, but add Melzi to it, calling it something like "Sanguino(lolu) / Melzi"? These two boards are close relatives, but for some Melzi users this is not evident...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 05:15AM by DeuxVis.
Re: Can we add a Electronics Duet Folder
February 17, 2016 09:30PM
perhaps rename from "Sanguino(lolu)" to "Sanguino based boards, includes Sanguinololu, Melzi and Gen7"

There seems to be lots of gen7 activity, so that might bring the section back to life and give gen7 a home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2016 09:31PM by Dust.
February 18, 2016 04:05AM
Sounds good to me. Are there any other Sanguinololu derivative which are generating enough traffic to be mentioned in the (sub)title ?
I know about the Azteeg X1, the wiki mentions teensylu and printrboard, I might miss some there.

Please list any Sanguinololu derivative you know about, I'll run the search to see if we talk about them often in the forums.

Also if anybody want to object to that change, please discuss here.
Traumflug, is that ok for you to get the Gen 7 discussions in the sanguinololu section ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
February 18, 2016 04:38AM
DeuxVis
Traumflug, is that ok for you to get the Gen 7 discussions in the sanguinololu section ?

I'm fine with putting it together with similar boards like Sanguinololu, Melzi, etc. However, none of them is really "Sanguino based". Sanguino was a beefed up Arduino, the board appears to be long gone. Only some of the code written for Arduino IDE survived to today.

A better name could be "ATmega based controllers". Perhaps mentioning in the description that this means "except RAMPS".

Uhm, and then I plan for today to announce Gen7 as an ARM based controller, so "ATmega based" applies for version <= 1.5, only.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 18, 2016 06:04PM
Yes saw the announcement and thought that's Murphy for you...
February 21, 2016 11:14AM
How about "8-bit Controllers" and one for "32-bit Controllers" for folders?
February 25, 2016 04:25AM
I wonder whether the discussion about the future of the section regarding Sanguino-type boards should not be held in an own thread?
There might be other people interested in this question who will not necessarily read up on Duet named topics...
February 25, 2016 05:13AM
Agreed, splitting it up.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login