Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can we get a Marlin folder at the top level of the Firmware folder?

Posted by Roxy 
Can we get a Marlin folder at the top level of the Firmware folder?
December 15, 2015 06:35PM
Hi!

Can we get a Marlin folder at the top level of Firmware Folder's ? It would help us find the Marlin questions and issues rather than having them mixed in with everything else. That would help us support Marlin better.

Thank You for everything and considering this request!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 06:36PM by Roxy.
Re: Can we get a Marlin folder at the top level of the Firmware folder?
December 16, 2015 04:25AM
Ditto for RepRapFirmware!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 16, 2015 09:15AM
I'm all for it personally, but I think in the past at some point we concluded we did not want to start making subfolders there.

Are there still some opposition ? If yes please explain why.

I'll give everyone 2 weeks, given the time of the year, to get a chance to express your point if you don't want to create firmwares sub-folders by "brand".

After that I'll go ahead and create that Marlin one, and I'll volunteer to create all the other same type of subfolders requests that will come in for that firmware section - provided the requested firmware has generated enough traffic in the generic firmware folders already to deserve its own area.

One thing I won't do then, is to move old topics from the generic firmware folders to those new ones.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
VDX
December 16, 2015 11:44AM
... I was thinking about too - but we again have this "error 504 bad gateway", which is based on the massive 'fragmentation' of the forums structure.

Bill seems to do his job to break the next limit (actually 32000 entrys), but we're nearby the next limit again confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 16, 2015 11:47AM
DeuxVis
I'm all for it personally, but I think in the past at some point we concluded we did not want to start making subfolders there.

I'll give everyone 2 weeks, given the time of the year, to get a chance to express your point if you don't want to create firmwares sub-folders by "brand".

After that I'll go ahead and create that Marlin one, and I'll volunteer to create all the other same type of subfolders requests that will come in for that firmware section - provided the requested firmware has generated enough traffic in the generic firmware folders already to deserve its own area.

Thank You!!!

DeuxVis
One thing I won't do then, is to move old topics from the generic firmware folders to those new ones.

That should not be a problem. The whole intent is to make it easier to support Marlin firmware issues as they come up. The support issues and requests for features are typically very current in nature.

Thanks again!
December 30, 2015 09:50AM
DeuxVis

After that I'll go ahead and create that Marlin one

It's been two weeks and hardly any concerns expressed! cool smiley
January 05, 2016 05:40AM
I'm back from Holydays, will do it soon, can't imagine a single new subforum will have an appreciable impact on the fragmentation ?
If that's an issue we might need to cleanup the local usergroups area, there are a lots of unused subforums there.

Any ideas for the Marlin subforum subtitle ?
I would use "Firmware - Marlin" for the title to comply with the existing firmware folders, and maybe "Anything related to the Marlin firmware" as a subtitle, but any suggestions welcome.

January 05, 2016 08:16PM
Marlin Firmware Questions, Support and Feature Requests ????

(But that is kind of like your "All things Marlin" idea.)

I don't think it really matters. The whole goal is to get the Marlin stuff into its own area so it is easier to support.

AND... THANKS!!!!
January 07, 2016 03:08AM
Here you are : [forums.reprap.org]

If you need a topic stickied up inside this, with links to homepage and wiki or whatever basic information you want to keep available for everyone at first glance, let us know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login