Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"mark forum read" acts strangely now....

Posted by o_lampe 
"mark forum read" acts strangely now....
December 11, 2015 04:41AM
I received an personal message from another user named "endurancerobotgf". It was clearly an advertising spam, so I ignored it.

But now, when I want to mark a subforum as read, the threads where this user has posted, still remain "unread".
Is he using some sort of virus to keep my eye on his spam?
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2015 04:45AM by o_lampe.
Attachments:
open | download - mark_subforum_read.JPG (72.9 KB)
open | download - endurancerobots.JPG (106.6 KB)
VDX
Re: "mark forum read" acts strangely now....
December 11, 2015 04:46AM
... I think, it's the forums history-update, what's causing this behaviour - had the same with the "RepRap Speakers" forum too ... it reappeared several times - but after some "mark read" attempts it was gone confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 11, 2015 05:04AM
Whenever the moderators delete a spam post, I stop getting an indication on the index page that I have any unread posts in that forum, but when I visit it all posts are flagged as unread. I guess it's a limitation of Phorum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
December 11, 2015 05:12PM
... now it's there again confused smiley

The deletion of the user "endurancerobotgf" and his posts seems to have crashed something - now it's a sort of 'ghost' in the theads he was the last entry ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

December 12, 2015 06:00AM
Last time I've seen this I added a dummy reply to the thread and then deleted that reply, it fixed it if I remember well.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
December 12, 2015 06:01AM
I suppose the mass delete of an user's posts via the administrative tools doesn't update all the data it should.

VDX
December 12, 2015 05:00PM
... this "delete all posts of the user" option didn't cause this sort of behaviour yet - maybe something was changed in the settings or in an update?

Viktor
--------

VDX
December 12, 2015 05:02PM
... but on a second thought -- what's running in the updates, when occasionally two admins try to auto-delete the same spammer and his posts confused smiley

Viktor
--------

December 14, 2015 02:58AM
Yup that kind of race condition could be the cause.
I don't think the "delete user and all its posts" feature is doing it all the time, we would have noticed - we (have to) use this daily...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login