Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3DPrinterOS Software

Posted by 3DPrinterOS 
3DPrinterOS Software
May 13, 2015 03:50AM
I am Oscar from 3DPrinterOS, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a ''3DPrinterOS'' topic under ''Software'', considering we support RepRaps already: [www.3dprinteros.com] and we will soon have a lot of awesome updates, would be great to let people know. You can go to cloud.3dprinteros.com and try it for yourself.

Rene-Oscar Ariko
Business Development Manager
3DPrinterOS
oscar@3dprinteros.com
Re: 3DPrinterOS Software
May 13, 2015 04:45AM
Not Open Source as far as I can tell. This (RepRap.org) is an Open Source website, forum and organization, so it is my understanding that the forum and its other resources cannot be used as an advertising/support platform for a non-Open Source company.
May 15, 2015 04:37AM
Hello Andrew!

Actually, we are Open, just not yet open sourced.
At the moment you can connect 3D Marketplaces with an API - [github.com]
There is more to come in the future, people can soon integrate their own printers etc.
May 16, 2015 06:33AM
We have seen so many "soon to be open" projects that never actually went there...
Claiming to be open while delaying the actual availability of sources is suspicious to say the less.

IMO If you don't publish from the start you failed to get the point of being a free project, you lost some benefits of the system, and you are probably only using the word for marketing.

Edit : To comment on your initial request, leaving aside the open or not argument, we try to only open a new section in the forums when there is a need for it.
I'd suggest to come back when your project have started to generate some traffic in the general software area.

2nd edit : reading your initial post again, I realize that you may not be asking for a new subforum but only for the permission to create a single topic in the software area.
If that's actually the request, please go ahead. We are not forbidding discussion about any tools that could be usefull to reprappers, whatever its kind of licensing is - just make sure to not make it sound like an advert, take the time to describe extensively - not only by giving external links please - what your project is or will be, and what its features will bring to reprap users. And thanks for asking first !

3rd and hopefully last edit : The place for posting about a new software solution is probably in the "experimental" software section : [forums.reprap.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2015 06:47AM by DeuxVis.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
June 12, 2015 07:30AM
We have awesome news from our side!

“This open source release makes it simple for every user and manufacturer to access the power of 3D printing through the cloud. Now any manufacturer, large or small, can modify, customize and build on top of this release to extend their functionality and make 3d printing easier for their users.”
[disruptivemagazine.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login