Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Green Theme Width

Posted by jeffpark_ 
Green Theme Width
June 09, 2010 01:44PM
Would it be possible/practical to edit the green theme to use a variable width instead fixed width? On widescreen monitors this would help out the reading area quite a bit. At 1900x1280 that leaves more than half the screen blank space.

I would probably be easy, just remove the max-width form the css or change it to something like none or 95%

#phorum {
font-family: Arial;
font-size: medium;
color: Black;
max-width: 900px;
margin: auto;
}

However, this is just my personal preference. If more people like it the way it is, a compromise could be to allow users to choose there theme if phorum has that capability.

Thanks,
Jeff

----
[www.binaryconstruct.com]
Re: Green Theme Width
June 09, 2010 06:06PM
FWIW: If you have GreaseMonkey, I created a very basic script that rewrites the max-width in the CSS.

You can also tell GreaseMonkey to apply different CSS to a page (which you can save on disk).. Phorum changes themes by changing CSS, so you can effectively use any theme you wish.
November 08, 2011 10:21PM
Any chance this can be revisited now?
November 09, 2011 04:09AM
I fear we don't have a forum admin with the required privileges these days. The forum is as it is and if it's broken, too bad.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

VDX
November 10, 2011 03:30AM
... i've full access to the actual phorum-software, but the capabilities of the software are something limited.

My bet is, that you have to change and/or update the software on the server-level to add more options.

I've seen some options for RSS-feeds, but aven't actually 'played around' with this ... busy with some other problems (mostly the german sub-forum) and not enough time to maintain the main forum too eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 10, 2011 07:05AM
Yes, editing the CSS requires access to the files on the server (I've played around with Phorum a bit).

Does no one have access to the server at all anymore?

BTW: I know that both jmarsden and buzz used to have shell access to the mailing list server. AFAIK it's the same machine that hosts the website (same IP address).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 07:09AM by Cefiar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login