Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why do some forum posts gets moved relevant topic sections and others do not?

Posted by mung 
Why do some forum posts gets moved relevant topic sections and others do not?
October 10, 2014 08:56AM
I have never seen other threads moved to subforums before, why does this happen???

This 'general' section seems to have posts regarding every other section, but I have never before seen any post regarding extruder or electronics or other post that would be better indexed in a different sub forum ever moved into the relevant sub forum.

I made a post http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,417044 earlier that seems to have been moved.

I makes it harder for people to keep track of the thread if it gets moved, is there a reason for its moving?
Re: Why do some forum posts gets moved relevant topic sections and others do not?
October 13, 2014 06:01AM
Well the usage is to move anything that fit better elsewhere away from "General", in order to stop it resembling a "throw anything here and see what it does" place.

For instance I am moving this to the "Administration, Announcements, Policy" section... But I leave a note behind so that you can find it back in "General". It just won't be moved up in "General" thread list anymore.

On the other hand the admin team has limited time available, so topics that would deserve it are actually moved on a somewhat random basis.
An exception to that randomness is when someone report a thread for being misplaced, this usually results in a move if th reporter was right about it.
Another exception is - and your topic falls into that category - anything "commercial" is really forbidden in General. Funds requests, crowd-funding announcements, sales, adverts etc really need to be contained in the business section, as lot of people consider it as spam.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login