Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mea Culpa

Posted by pbrstreetgang 
Mea Culpa
July 11, 2014 09:24PM
My ideas and philosophy on the concept of rapid prototyping are the result of a condition known as ASD (autism spectrum disorder) comonly known as asperger's syndrome. This is not an excuse for my posting of nonsensical content on this site and I have no excuse for it. I sincerely apologize for any offensive material that I have communicated to member's of the RepRap community. This includes: Joseph Prusa, Jeff Moe, "Dirty Steve," JGR, and "Sublime."

I precieved hostility towards these men, that was unwarranted. At the end of the day, I'd humbly request their forgiveness and understanding. My motives are and were informed by a different point of view on the future of the RepRap project. I perceive any product that is unsatisfactory to my standards as distasteful. As I can not change this, I'll refrain from commenting on said products. Furthermore, I now have a greater understanding of the rules and policies of posting on this site.

I appreciate the difficult task of administrating a website pro bono, and in fact, admire the work done to advance this cause. Any grievances I have, from now on, will not disrupt the operation of the site. I intend to contribute to the community in whatever way possible.

Sincerely,
Kyle Keith

P.S. Lebron James is still a douchebag.
Re: Mea Culpa
July 12, 2014 07:03AM
Josef Prusa on this site? That'd be news to me smiling smiley Most people on IRC are pretty much disconnected from this site, many of them plain out refuse to use reprap.orgs' offerings.

That said, I think you're not alone. Quite a number of people show partially aspie-typical behaviour. Online communications is ideal for them, but this celebrated sloppiness in engineering ("it works, so what?"), the refusal to act as a community and act towards the stated goal (replication) drives them nuts.

Feel still welcome in our distasteful RepRap world, @pbrstreetgang. I'm sure you can step back for a moment, take a breath, and continue on improving printers.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 12, 2014 06:40PM
Traumflug
but this celebrated sloppiness in engineering ("it works, so what?")

That's a mischaracterization of the disease. My designs are far more advanced than most and certainly not sloppy. What's lacking is the ability to communicate them effectively. It has nothing to do with engineering. In fact I crave social interaction with like minded people, but the well here is pretty dry.
July 12, 2014 09:58PM
pbrstreetgang
Traumflug
but this celebrated sloppiness in engineering ("it works, so what?")
That's a mischaracterization of the disease. My designs are far more advanced than most and certainly not sloppy.

Certainly I didn't mean your designs. BTW., where's the wiki page showing your designs?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 12, 2014 10:48PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login