Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Opinion needed on this topic

Posted by Gordie 
Opinion needed on this topic
April 16, 2014 05:41AM
Hello in the last few days we have a new topic made by a company in our section: [forums.reprap.org]

What do you think about it? As you can see the user had opened several topics with the same form in other countries' group. Couldn't it be a "spam form" of forum usage?

We are going to delete the topic from our section but before that I would like to know your opinion. smiling smiley

Thx mates.

Edit: We decided to delete it because we are developing our "companies guidelines", to give you an idea, we allow company's topics for who used the forum for testing new products or for annuoncements on new products or for those companies that use the forum like a form of comunication about users' demands, we want interactive companies. We will not allow prices pubblication and unuseful topics (like the one quoted).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 05:48AM by Gordie.

---- "Let me make my move" ----
VDX
Re: Opinion needed on this topic
April 16, 2014 11:01AM
... this is obviously a sort of 'spamming' - but in the marketplace(s) this could be tolerated ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: Opinion needed on this topic
April 17, 2014 07:44AM
Gordie
we allow company's topics for who used the forum for testing new products or for annuoncements on new products or for those companies that use the forum like a form of comunication about users' demands, we want interactive companies. We will not allow prices pubblication and unuseful topics (like the one quoted).

Sounds like a good plan. Most forums allow commercial announcements in a dedicated section, only. It's fine for users to talk about stuff they actually bought and tried in other sections, though.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login