Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Admin request for RUG

Posted by NoobMan 
Admin request for RUG
April 10, 2014 04:17PM
Hello all, i want to ask if possible for me to get admin rights specifically for Romania RepRap User Group sub-forum. I want to develop the local community and i think a better looking RUG sub-forum may help. I thought of this for some time but i am slow. Now I just saw the Italian section restyling and i immediatelly started to drool all over it smiling smiley. It looks awesome - great work Gordie.
VDX
Re: Admin request for RUG
April 10, 2014 05:07PM
... admin rights are global for all forums -- only moderator privileges are set for specific forums ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 10, 2014 05:38PM
Ok, i see. What do you suggest then? I suppose i am not "qualified" or trustworthy for that kind of global admin.

What if i just stick to my RUG forum and dont mess with anything else. Or perhaps if i get like a week time admin to make some folders like that and after the week is done then my admin can be revoked. Tho i suppose these alternatives are sort of daring. So more practically then, perhaps i can get moderator for the specific RUG and for everything else i will try to find another admin to help me out with some folder creation and such - any takers? smiling smiley Either way its not going to be an issue even if i get declined alltogether so no biggie anyway. Cheers.
VDX
April 11, 2014 02:52AM
... setup a structure for the forum, so I can create a folder and sub-forums ... have done this for the Dutch RUG yesterday too.

I'll give you moderator powers for this structure and will ask in the admin-mailinglist for more options winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

April 11, 2014 04:39AM
Awesome. Nice to see i was not the only one lured in by Italian section smiling smiley

I will make a forum structure next days, and then post it here. Tyvm for the help.
April 13, 2014 07:55AM
I checked out the others, though I think its for the best to keep things simple and compact, so i made the following folder structure:

Comunitatea RUG - Romania
Despre grupul de utilizatori reprap din Romania, forum si reguli.

Piața din centru
Vanzari - Cumparari

Suport instalare si punere in functiune
Intrebari initiale, FAQ. Montaj, upload firmware, teste, reglaje, primul print.

Software si aspecte post-instalare
CAD, slicer, sender. Probleme de calitate a printarii. Depanari si modificari.

Progres, imbunatatiri. Alte proiecte si idei
Development. Alte proiecte legate sau nu de reprap.

Off-topic
Orice nu se incadreaza in categoriile anterioare.

A question about the old threads, will those go into an "old archive" folder and remain there, or would those move to new categories, and in that regard would as moderator be able to move them or should i make a list for that purpose as to which goes where (threads are not too many). How about some sticky in first 4 folders, i think i will have to make one thread in each then i will ask somebody to make them sticky if thats ok.

Edit: added icons and cleaned up special characters, changed one which i hope it can stay, that is from Piața the letter ț and if it helps here is some further info from character map:
UTF-8: 0xC8 0x9B || UTF-16: 0x021B || C octal escaped UTF-8: \310\233 || XML decimal entity: &_#539 (minus the underscore);

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2014 06:56AM by NoobMan.
VDX
April 14, 2014 05:08PM
... structure created and activated you as moderator smileys with beer

I've moved and renamed the old forum into the folder - you should be able to move threads/posts between the forums ...

Viktor
--------

April 14, 2014 05:41PM
Thanks a lot ! And cheers smileys with beer
April 15, 2014 06:29PM
I have moved all topics and everything works ok, rest of folders seem to be ok, except something seems to be wrong with the following folder:

[ Suport instalare si punere in functiune ]

At the end of the threads in that folder i get this error: "Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum." I checked and threads have "Replies are allowed" at the top checked, but i get the error nonetheless.

Could be something with folder permissions or can i pretty please ask for an overall check? I dont think i can do anything else about it.
VDX
April 16, 2014 01:57AM
... solved - the editing checkbox wasn't set eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------

April 16, 2014 05:51AM
Well, I'm very happy my restyle could be helpful. Thank you and welcome on board smiling smiley smileys with beer

---- "Let me make my move" ----
April 16, 2014 08:35AM
Thanks a lot for the forum fix everything seems fine now. Thank you too Gordie for luring me in - and nice to be here smiling smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login