Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird new post notification - Red flags and numbers random

Posted by Gordie 
Weird new post notification - Red flags and numbers random
March 08, 2014 05:08AM
Hello, someone of you knows, I've changed the style of the italian section. Now I've some weird new post notification. I'm talking about the red flag icon and the red numbers.

Some examples:

[The wrost case] I went today to the main page (folder) [forums.reprap.org] and I can see only the "Generale" forum's red number notification, no notification on the other forums. Yesterday someone wrote the first topic into the new forum "Mercato" but I didn't get the red number notification, it seems like I've read that topic even if it is a brand new. But I didn't read it, I'm sure about it.

[The frustrating case] Just a few minutes ago I entered into "Generale" forum and my browser shows every topics made with the red flags on the left side, I clicked into a topic (no new posts were made) and then came back, by clicking the top green nested link (no use of browser's BACK button), all the red flags went away.

[The daily case] When I go to my Control Center - Show Followed Topics I can see the "RAMPS for DUE" topic (by bobc) always with the red flag, I've clicked dozen times that flag but it takes me to the first bobc's post, never to the last new post. And the last post is always the same 03/02/2014 01:41PM cdsteinkuehler. I've opened that thread every day since 03/02/2014 but the flag remains.

These are just few examples.
NewPerfection, if you're reading this, your post's flag notification on my multifunctional printer (into Show Followed Topics) works; every time you wrote and I click on the flag the notification disappears.

Any clue about it? confused smiley

Edit: I'm on Win7 - Chrome (last Ver.) with ADBlock, JavaScript Popup Block and Numeric Calc extensions

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 05:35AM by Gordie.

---- "Let me make my move" ----
Re: Weird new post notification - Red flags random
March 08, 2014 05:26AM
To go to the latest post, click the red flag.

If you click the post title, it will take you to the first post.

If the last message was spam and gets deleted, the red flag will stay there (which is annoying, but so is spam).
Re: Weird new post notification - Red flags random
March 08, 2014 05:34AM
Cefiar, maybe my english is really bad, everything I said above is intended "when I click on the red flag". I always click on it. smiling smiley

Re: Weird new post notification - Red flags and numbers random
March 08, 2014 07:13AM
UPDATE: It seems a problem of caching by the server. I've solved by reading a single topic in each forums ("Generale""Mercato"etc.). When I come back to the main page the notification's numbers and relative flags get refreshed.

The [Dayly case] still remain. So half solved winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login