Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banned User

Posted by triplanedave 
Banned User
February 24, 2014 08:56PM
Co-worker of mine - banned. Can the admins take a look? Username is JohnSL.

PM me if you need more context/info/etc.

Thanks,

Dave
Re: Banned User
February 24, 2014 09:26PM
can you get JohnSL to try again?

he's still active and there is nothing obvious in the ban lists to indicate his account has been banned,

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

February 24, 2014 11:29PM
Ok, my account seems to be working again. Thanks.
February 24, 2014 11:45PM
I noticed that someone in the Ormerod community had the same issue, where he was apparently banned for a couple days, after which his account was working again. [forums.reprap.org]

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
February 25, 2014 12:38AM
no one was singled out or anything like that, I removed a few banned words which may have been the cause of the problem, i also reset the active state of both of the so far effected users for good measure and both users seem to be able to post again, i suspect a bug somewhere

if anyone else has been affected by this email me : thejollygrimreaper@gmail.com

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

VDX
February 25, 2014 02:19AM
... I had the same with the user 'gonzohs', but found his nick in the ban-list as username and as IP-name!

The only connecting aspect seems to be, that allrelated cases I've seen have a 'oh' in the name confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 27, 2014 07:30PM
Did the admin who banned ohioplastics make a mistake somehow?

Or was ohioplastics also a mistake?

Just remember reading that thread recently and of course his name starts with 'oh'.
VDX
February 28, 2014 02:26AM
... I've asked this in the admin section ... nobody seems to know the cause confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login