Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Allowing the embedding of an imgur album

Posted by Ohmarinus 
Allowing the embedding of an imgur album
December 23, 2013 11:31AM
Hi, in the past it was possible to insert an imgur album, however, I haven't been here for a month or so and now suddenly all the albums are gone because the codes are not displayed anymore!!!

This is terrible since I cannot edit my posts and topics, therefor rendering them useless, and also removing a nice amount of good printer-photography (I try my best at them!).

Could this please be re-enabled? Is there a way for you to allow only imgur embedding of albums?
It would benefit the forums.

- Marinus
Re: Allowing the embedding of an imgur album
December 23, 2013 01:19PM
Hi Ohmarinus, I hope someone with more knowledge than me will fix this (I have no idea why it stopped working). If not, I can at least edit your old posts so that your images can be viewed. For what it's worth - if you click on "View Changes" the imgur album appears just fine in your original post, but not in the later posts.
December 23, 2013 03:36PM
Hi Matt, thanks for your reply, sad enough I can't see 'View Changes' either, maybe a privilege thing since you're an Admin smiling smiley

Would be great if it could work again, it's a real shame my images can't be seen anymore sad smiley
To make the images visible again I have to first generate a link code per image and make a list of them, and I am afraid it's just too much work since a few albums contain a lot of images!

I hope someone can fix this, because it saves you guys bandwidth also since the images are hosted somewhere else.
December 30, 2013 06:46PM
Can you attempt to embed a gallery here, so I have something to test with?

Bill
December 30, 2013 07:49PM
Here is a copy/paste of some text I found in Ohmarinus' post (original here: [forums.reprap.org])

and the text being pasted is:

and the actual text is pasted below this line here:

Edit: the text doesn't show up in the quote box either. Let's try it this way:

PP_iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/IX4vv/embed"_QQPP_/iframe_QQ
where PP_ replaces "<" and QQ_ replaces ">"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2013 07:52PM by MattMoses.
January 06, 2014 04:50PM
Is there already an idea how to fix this? smiling smiley

I will post another example here, it used to work fine before!

Example gallery:
January 13, 2014 11:58PM
It looks like any kind of html tag is getting removed before it can be displayed. For example, here are a few items typed in with a space in between the "<" character and the text:
< foo>
< bar>
< blah_blah>
< iframe>

But here are the same words, this time without the space:

As you can see above, nothing is displayed. And without the < iframe> tag the embedded album won't work. My guess is that this is the result of a new(?) security feature meant to prevent malicious code... But unfortunately I don't have the skills or knowledge to track this down, and am unaware of any recent changes (in the last few months) that might have occurred to cause this to happen.

These guys on the kerbal space forum use a tag like this: [imgur]stuff[/imgur] but I tested this and it doesn't work here. Here's the link: Introducing the Ability to Embed Imgur Albums.

Ted, from the Kerbal Space Program Forum
Some of you might remember when you used to have the ability to embed imgur albums around and about the Forums via HTML. In the end, we disabled HTML on the Forums as a simple unclosed tag could cause numerous issues, not to mention that there are a fair few security issues that could arise.
So, I realised that we could potentially embed them via BBCode and implemented that today.

This might be something we could do here... will have to look into it.

In the meantime, Ohmarinus, I just added a direct link to your album on your original post from way back in July 2013 so at least you can click to the album via that thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login