Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inaccessible topics

Posted by Cefiar 
Inaccessible topics
October 30, 2013 07:55PM
So I've been away a few days and there are a few topics that have new posts marked that I can't access. The user who posted them (ChinaBestTech) was deleted (obvious spamming is my guess).

I'm guessing it's only cos I'm a mod that I see this.

Is there any way to clear the "flag" on these posts apart from me posting a message in those topics myself then deleting it?

Forum: [forums.reprap.org]

Topics:
High quality 3D printer filament
by wtuymqve

FOR SALE - Complete i3 single plate version
by Auzze

ABS/PLA filament
by Alina
VDX
Re: Inaccessible topics
October 31, 2013 03:12AM
... the "Mark Forum Read" button on the main level should reset the flag ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 31, 2013 06:14PM
Yes I know (and is what I did), but the reason is because the topics themselves say that the "last post" is a post that has been deleted, and the person listed no longer has an account.

FWIW: This to me seems to be an issue with Phorum deleting someone without it clearing up the threads they last posted in.
October 31, 2013 06:21PM
Am thinking it could be related with the new (server side) caching system that was set up recently to speed up reprap.org.

I experienced it only since very recently, I usually come back some time later and the issue is fixed, hence my idea of it being cache related.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
October 31, 2013 07:03PM
Its not a cache thing. It does have something to do with the user being deleted before the posts have been deleted. Here are some that are still marked as unread days later and you can not clear them. [forums.reprap.org]

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 01, 2013 11:25PM
Did anyone look at the link I posted? The threads are still marked as unread and inaccessible after three days now.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
November 02, 2013 12:48AM
i think I've fixed the problem by posting a test message and then deleting it , the unread part clears and no longer says the last poster is "chinabesteech"

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

November 02, 2013 01:59AM
That's also what I did with my linked posts, which cleared things up.
November 02, 2013 01:05PM
Thank you.

There is still at least one more and I can not delete posts so one of you will have to do it.

[forums.reprap.org]

November 02, 2013 02:03PM
fixed smiling smiley

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login