Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Todays' outage

Posted by Traumflug 
Todays' outage
September 10, 2013 08:26AM
Today we had an outage lasting no less than 4 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

After the wiki upgrade there's still work to do, for example wiki extensions taken over from the old wiki no longer fit to the new software as well as they should and produce big error logs. It's worked on.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: Todays' outage
September 10, 2013 07:10PM
Thanks for the update!

What wiki extensions were replaced, and what ones were they replaced with? I'm sure some of us are willing to pitch in if there are content changes that need to be done.
September 11, 2013 07:21AM
Thanks for offering help. Quite a number of extensions are present, but nowhere used. You can find the current set here: [reprap.org]

Yesterday I fixed Flickr and removed iFrame. iFrame wasn't used at all and the modern way to include iframes is using a widget, anyways. As a result, pretty much all PHP errors and warnings went away.

What's probably missing is an extension not only allowing Flickr pictures, but other picture services, too. Like here: [evo" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">reprap.org]

October 02, 2013 06:15AM
No outage (crossing fingers), but if you wonder why the server isn't as responsive as it used to be, here's the reason:

We have another guest on the same hardware, "stealing" CPU cycles (pink area). Still the server continues reasonable. Looks like the ongoing cleaning process of the server configuration shows its first successes. smiling smiley

P.S.: the minute I wrote the above the pink area turned back to zero and apparently stays there. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2013 06:55AM by Traumflug.

Attachments:
open | download - RepRap Server Load.png (33.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login