Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want to pay to do advertise on forums

Posted by bach_World 
I want to pay to do advertise on forums
September 08, 2013 10:41PM
Dear system director,

we want to pay to do advertise on forums, and how to do ?
Re: I want to pay to do advertise on forums
September 09, 2013 08:08AM
The question is: do we want this? This is a maker community and while inevitable some money is involved, I see no reason to distract users unneccessarily from the topic(s) at hand: not buying, but making printers.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Anonymous User
September 09, 2013 11:14AM
I vote no.
VDX
September 09, 2013 04:12PM
... our main rule was "no comercials" - although with the growing amount of shops and 'semicomercial' users this was reduced to an 'acceptable level' ... should stay so!

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Anonymous User
September 09, 2013 04:55PM
Precisely. If a member in good standing wishes to advertise by a link in their signature, all well and good.

For someone to pay to post ads or to suggest that there be a module installed to dispense commercials is against the spirit of this place. Not to mention legal exposure for the owner.
September 12, 2013 04:39PM
Thanks for voting NO, you have restored my faith in human nature.

Random Precision
Anonymous User
September 12, 2013 04:57PM
Thanks, but someone will do something to provoke a retraction of said faith soon enough.... grinning smiley
September 13, 2013 04:11PM
True.

Random Precision
June 28, 2014 11:15AM
bach_World
Dear system director,

we want to pay to do advertise on forums, and how to do ?

In my understanding, this is not allowed currently. We only have ads on the wiki sidebar and it comes from google ads exclusively - maybe you could ask google if they do targeted ads for specific sites.

Furthermore you can only post advertisement topics in the appropriate forum section : [forums.reprap.org] - and please make it relevant. Filament goes into "For sale".
The only exception is you can also announce the existence of your company once in the local user group subforum where you are from, to promote local business - provided that local subforum doesn't have specific rules against adverts.
So please stop breaking the rules of this forum by posting "replys" to topics everywhere those real purpose is to advertise.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login