Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

forum settings bug in time zone

Posted by Irish_Steve 
forum settings bug in time zone
August 20, 2013 03:07PM
Having seen that the software was upgraded recently, I thought I'd better report this one.

It is not possible to set time zone as GMT with daylight saving enabled, if I do so, it sets the zone to GMT-1,. which we're not.

If I try setting it at GMT + 1, that will stick, but GMT won't take at all.

OOps I think is the phrase

Shore, if twas easy, we'd all be doin it

Irish Steve
Anonymous User
Re: forum settings bug in time zone
August 20, 2013 04:40PM
Steve, don't you worry! They'll fix that and break something else. Every day it's different.

Which is one of the reasons I quit as an administrator here.
August 20, 2013 07:59PM
calcetin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Steve, don't you worry! They'll fix that and break
> something else. Every day it's different.
>
> Which is one of the reasons I quit as an
> administrator here.

Oh dear. Have to admit, the forum software is not the friendliest around, and I did take a look here a few days ago and got the impression that Reprap is a victim of its success, and I know from painful experience many years ago on a Compuserve Flight simulation forum, moderating can become very hard if the tools are tricky and the issues are complex, you know it's getting bad when there are a number of moderators on full time standby for flame wars.

I get the impression that the biggest hassle these days is the number of bots that seem to be able to spam with very little difficulty, they are a pain out of all proportion to the time and hassle of dealing with them.

Oh well, we'll see if the people that (hopefully) know can fix this, I would be slightly worried that something this close to the core of the forum software got broken by an upgrade, that code should be graven in concrete by this stage of things.

Thanks for the feedback

Shore, if twas easy, we'd all be doin it

Irish Steve
Anonymous User
August 20, 2013 09:48PM
What it amounts to is someone will have to be paid to convert the database structure to use another, more secure, manageable, user and moderator friendly package.

There is considerable inertia here, and that might be damning. Let's see!
August 21, 2013 05:22AM

They'll fix that and break something else.

Who is "they"?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Anonymous User
August 21, 2013 08:01AM
Whoever the server admin du jour is...
VDX
August 21, 2013 02:58PM
... and this is not me! - I'm 'only' a forums admin and not willing to get even more work to do - but this has to be adressed (and was several times).

There are actually some actions in background and on server level, but there's is nearly no communication on the admin-mailing list ... hope to get more infos, when the people are all beack from vacations (or where they all were the last weeks/months eye rolling smiley)

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login