Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiki seems broken pasting links

Posted by Cefiar 
Wiki seems broken pasting links
August 07, 2013 03:41AM
Looks like the anti-spam link captcha stuff is broken.

Editing:[reprap.org]

In the section: Printed Parts

With: *SA [http://stores.ebay.com.au/MorelliTech MorelliTech] - Prusa Iteration 2 kit including modifications for ease of assembly and reliability, choice of extruders. Also happy to print any other parts.

... prompts me with a captcha because there is a link. I fill out the captcha and hit Save again, and all I get back is a blank page.

Loading the page I can't see any edit having taken place.

Editing without posting a link works fine.

This was reported in the Melbourne, Australia forum and I've confirmed that it's not just that user having the problem.

Any chance of someone having a look into it?

PS: I posted this in the Library Administration forum, but it seems that while a few people have viewed the post, no one has responded to it. In some ways I get this isn't too surprising since the previous post in there was from May 29, 2012.
Re: Wiki seems broken pasting links
August 07, 2013 12:13PM
Uh. Yet another page full of advertising links. Can't this be moved into the RepRap Buyers' Guide?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 07, 2013 07:36PM
This page has been around for a number of years and well predates the buyers guide.

That said, happy to move things like printed parts and kits to the buyers guide.. Would prefer keeping suppliers for local goods (eg: vitamins, tools and the like) separate, or at least providing it with it's own section.

Main issue as I see it is that shipping to Australia is a very significant part of an items cost (especially from Europe). Where possible the page recommends buying from local businesses to cut down on those costs.
August 08, 2013 05:28AM
The table on the Buyers' Guide can be sorted by location, so it's very easy to find australian stores. I hope that's simple enough, perhaps it can be done even better.

The reason I'm a bit picky about vendor links is, there are a number of vendors contributing nothing but links to their stores and sometimes they start something like a battle, like moving their links to the top of lists repeatedly, adding excessive advertising texts or adding multiple links to the same shop (counted up to 8 for one shop on the same page). IMHO, vendor links should be seen as a convenience for RepRappers, not as an advertising opportunity for shops. Accordingly I'm working towards having shop links in only two places: the Buyers' Guide and the "How to get it" section of each project (Mendel, RAMPS, Pololus, etc ...).

That said, shipping from Germany to Australia is EUR 3.45 (about AUD 5.-) in postage stamps for up to 500g, but that's a different issue.

August 08, 2013 07:28PM
Totally understand. That said however:

What's going on with links to other pages from the wiki? If we can't paste links of any sort to outside material, it's quite annoying. If they're blocked specifically (eg: on another page, in a block list, etc), then getting a blank page after filling in the Captcha doesn't help, as you have no idea you've done something wrong, nor what to do to fix it.
August 09, 2013 05:13AM

What's going on with links to other pages from the wiki?

I tried a bit with a newly created account (to have standard user privileges) and adding a different link works just fine. It looks like ebay stores are not welcome. Not sure who added such a block.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login