Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with my Prusa i2

Posted by Eric C 
Help with my Prusa i2
April 06, 2013 12:51AM
Hello everyone!

To start off, I'm sorry if this isn't where this thread belongs.

So I recently bought the prusa v2 delux kit from makerfarm.com, and managed to complete the mechanical side of things. I got all the wiring done and downloaded the necessary software, and successfully (I think) flashed the proper stuff onto my arduino. When testing my motors however, I run into several problems:

1) the negative x and y directions don't work. While the positive directions work, nothing happens when testing out the negative directions (except for the Z directional motors, which work perfectly fine for some reason).

2) When clicking the home button, the motors move the belt about a millimeter, then just stop.

Any solutions or tips on how to fix this? I have gotten increasingly frustrated researching and nobody seems to have a similar problem...

I'm running v1.4 ramps, Arduino 0023, and x2sw

Thanks everyone for your replies,

Eric
Re: Help with my Prusa i2
April 06, 2013 05:11AM
Eric C
1) the negative x and y directions don't work. While the positive directions work, nothing happens when testing out the negative directions (except for the Z directional motors, which work perfectly fine for some reason).

2) When clicking the home button, the motors move the belt about a millimeter, then just stop.

Any solutions or tips on how to fix this? I have gotten increasingly frustrated researching and nobody seems to have a similar problem...

eye popping smiley eye rolling smiley eye popping smiley

Does no one search before posting?

Just about every other RapRapper has this problem.
When a stepper motor (X, Y or Z) only moves in the positive direction IT IS ALWAYS THE END STOPS!

It means that you:
  • Didn't connect the end stop
  • Connected the end stop to MAX instead of MIN
  • Firmware not properly configured for the end stop

It might be that you need to INVERT the end stop in the firmware.
The end stop might not be working mechanically or electrically.

Since the Z axis is working verify that the X and Y end stops are hooked up in the same way as for the Z axis.
If this is the case then check the firmware to see if the Z axis end stop is configured differently and if so change X and Y to be the same as for Z.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login