Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiki spam

Posted by Sublime 
Wiki spam
April 30, 2012 03:38PM
Someone has done something to the RepRap wiki that is injecting [reprap.org] into the the colored box on wiki pages.

I first noticed it on [reprap.org]
and then I checked [reprap.org] and it is there too.

Can someone please remove them (they are not on each page individually but in the template for all of the wiki) and then delete the persons account that did it and make sure they never participate in reprap again.

It on 503 pages

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2012 03:42PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver

Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot at 2012-04-30 12:27:43.png (39.6 KB)
Re: Wiki spam
April 30, 2012 03:58PM
I think it is [reprap.org] and most of the spamming was yesterday and today.

Worst thing is that they are selling your hard work with their spam. Its a package with pronterface and sprinter for sale. [whatisacnc.com]

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
April 30, 2012 06:47PM
I fixed the two images by reverting them. Although the page changes are spam I am not sure the image corruption was deliberate as looking at the history it has happened before lots of times and looks more like confusion than vandalism.

It looks like they are place holders and people update them when they mean to replace them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2012 06:50PM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
May 01, 2012 05:11AM

Can someone please remove them

Why isn't this "someone" you? Everybody has editing rights in the wiki.

make sure they never participate in reprap again.

Not possible for the same reason.

It's in the nature of open projects freeriders will come along and try to make a buck. Even the distinction between spammers selling (or promising to sell) RepRap stuff and "legal" RepRap shops isn't always obvious.

Live with it, the world has always worked this way smiling smiley The way out is to make stuff even more available, even more do-it-yourselfable, more replicatable.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 01, 2012 02:23PM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone please remove them
>
> Why isn't this "someone" you? Everybody has
> editing rights in the wiki.

Maybe read what I said.

As I said it was not on each page (I know because I tried removing it) but instead it was in the base code for the wiki. What Nophead nicely pointed out was that it was one of the pictures in that base code that had been changed and not actual code.

To fix the issue the picture could be locked from normal users changing it like the home page is. But that would take an admin NOT ME!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login