Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help creating pages, subpages and uploading

Posted by j_andberg 
Help creating pages, subpages and uploading
January 24, 2012 06:08PM
Hi All:

I have been working on a new Mendel variant, and am finally done with the design and build instructions. Now I am ready to post it, but am totally confused by the Wiki instructions. I now have 11 sections of a build text (pdf's to start), 15 stl and 4 dxf files. The stls and dxfs will all get zipped into one file.

What I would liket to do is create a page under "Mendel improvements" that would list my as-yet-undecided-named-variant Mendel. Clicking on this would bring up an introductory picture and some short bit of text. Then there would be a list of the documentation files, 1-11 each clickable and below that a link for the solid models. I see pages like this, but no information on how to create one.

many thanks,

john
Re: Help creating pages, subpages and uploading
January 25, 2012 04:35AM
Creating pages is, while it's a bit an unexpected way, simple: search for the page you want and the search results will offer you a link to create that page. Alternatively, start with creating the link, save the older, modified page and a red link will appear. Clicking this link gives you a new page.

Pictures are done similarly: first, create the link, then save or preview the page, then upload the picture.

For everything else: find a page which shows what you want and hit "edit" to see how it was done. Syntax is simple, there's a link to editing help at the bottom of the edit page and stuff in {{ and }} are templates.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

January 30, 2012 07:01PM
Hi All:

Many thanks. I got my files posted. Just search for "Simplified Ball Bearing Mendel" to find them.

A few more questions that I could not answer:

I would like the PDF files to open when clicked, instead of being directed to the file and then downloading. How is this done?

I am also unable to find how to create a link, i.e. I would like to put a link to my design in Mendel Developments but when I try to edit that page I see none of the existing links.

many thanks,

j
January 31, 2012 05:45AM

I would like the PDF files to open when clicked, instead of being directed to the file and then downloading. How is this done?

Can't be done, AFAIK.

I am also unable to find how to create a link

Always look what other pages do, you can view the source of every page.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 03, 2012 10:47AM
Hi All:

To answer the question for others, I will document the answer.

To add to a link on a page like "Mendel Improvements" you can not add it on that page. If you try to look at the source, there is almost nothing there.

Instead go to the page you want to link to, and add a link to "Mendel Improvements" there. Not obvious to me...

One further question. I can not find where anyone added a map push pin to the Google map of users. Does anyone know how?

thanks,

j
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login