Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spam in personal messages?

Posted by jgilmore 
Spam in personal messages?
November 30, 2011 12:50AM
I've copied the message here, looks like spam to me. Anybody else get this?

I'd Iove your help
To:
jgilmore
Date: 11/27/2011 06:40PM

Hi John,
I have read many of your posts on the RepRap forum. Your post quality and enthusiasm is awesome! I am very impressed with your ideas and would like to personally invite you to become one of the first beta testers for our new 3D printing platform, 3Dprintplace.com.

My name is Danny and my associate’s name is Sebastian. We are two recent college grads who caught the 3D printing bug and believe that 3D printing is going to explode and revolutionize the way we live our lives. We can’t wait to see the transformation take place, so we setup 3D Print Place to help facilitate this change. 3D Print Place is designed to make 3D Printing more accessible to home users, academic institutions, and small businesses, by serving as a one-stop-shop for all your 3D Printing needs. The platform is entirely fueled by user-to-user collaboration – the community creates content and value, the website solely provides the necessary infrastructure to simplify user interaction. We recently launched to the general pubic at the 3D Printing Event (http://3dprintingevent.com) in the Netherlands on October 25th and now are looking for enthusiastic people in the 3D printing communiy to help improve our project.

All of our exciting new features are 100% free to use and include:
- A Print Exchange – where users can offer a 3D printing service to users who seek a printed object but don’t have access to a printer
- A CAD Library – where users can download and post printable CAD files. Users can either set a price or offer their files for free. Users can also collaborate on designs together in our incubation lab!
- A Marketplace – where users can compare printers, scanners, software and filament to find which product from which manufacturer is worth purchasing
- As well as many more great sections. Follow this link to see a brief overview of all of our website’s sections: [www.3dprintplace.com]

I would be honored and greatly appreciative if you would be one of our first Beta testers.
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact me personally at ([email protected]) or by Skype ‘dannyjacker’

We hope you enjoy our site and would love your feedback on how to improve it.

Thanks for your help,
-Danny-

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
Re: Spam in personal messages?
November 30, 2011 04:51AM
Doesn't look like spam to me. Sound like they are asking for you to try out their site.

------------------------------------------
garyhodgson.com/reprap | reprap.development-tracker.info | thingtracker.net
December 07, 2011 08:52AM
I thought that too for a sec. But it doesn't mention anything specific except their site. It feels like generic flattery, just enough to say "maybe it's genuine" while still being able to send many people the exact message. I thought I'd post it here and see of anyone else received the same message.

Doesn't seem so though, so maybe you're right.

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
December 08, 2011 06:15PM
Hi John,
I apologize if my message came across as spam. It most certainly is not. I think you write great posts in the reprap forum and wanted to personally let you know about our new community centered platform. We are in the early process of launching the site and we could really use the help of 3D printer enthusiasts like yourself to grow it, and further develop the resource. I am happy to talk with you or any rep rapper personally over Skype. My user name is 'dannyjacker'.

In the mean time if you have not checked out our platform I encourage you to do so.

Thanks for your help and I apologize once again for writing a spammmy sounding e-mail.
-Danny-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login