Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Debriefing and the Future

Posted by steennewmexico 
Debriefing and the Future
October 14, 2013 12:40PM
1) In a couple of weeks we'll have a skype telecom with Kliment to debrief about where we are at that time as well as ask technical questions. I suggest we meet Monday 1:30-4:00pm, October 28, 2013. Please let me know if this is completely impossible. Would it be better to have an evening meeting?

2) Due to the time pressure during the workshop, we decided to postpone the scheduled scientific discussion about self-replicating machines and how 3D printer technology plays into that. I suggest we have that discussion in connection with the Kliment skype (either before or after, so sometime Monday 1:30-4:00pm, October 28, 2013).

3) What do we do next? SDU engagement in "hacker-lab" community building - or not? Another more advanced workshop in December on other technologies relevant to self-replicating machines? I suggest we also discuss that issue when we meet in plenum at October 28.

4) Tools: I have placed our tools and spare parts in the FLinT lab between isle 2 and 3 (in the cubical). These consists of:

(i) A common repository of spare 3D printer parts. I suggest we leave it here until we have another permanent "hacker" lab. I'm not sure how best to organize this small repository. Maybe one of you guys would like to be the tow-holder and responsible for this repository? We all need to have easy access to these parts, while we still need to make sure the parts don't "walk away".

(ii) A class set of tools I assembled (bought) separate for the workshop (in Silva). I'm missing the following tools:
One caliper (skydelaere)
2 adjustable wrenches (svenskanoegler)
One set of cutters (diverse bidetaenger)
One 2.5 allen hex (umbraco) key
5 tweezers

Please see if you can locate any of these missing parts...
Re: Debriefing and the Future
October 14, 2013 01:05PM
I have brought 1 pair of tweezers home with me, i was lead to believe this was equipment to go with the printer?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login