We are currently recruiting for a 3D Printer Technical Support Agent to join our Customer Support Team at our location in Oxfordshire, UK.
£18,000 - £21,000 Subject to experience.
E3D is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced 3D printing enthusiast to help-out on our customer support team, advising our customers on all matters HotEnd and E3D product related.
We are seeking someone who preferably already has 3D printing experience including the use of our HotEnds as well as a good knowledge of firmware, 3D printer electronics, and printing a wide range of materials. Having experience of a range of different types of machine would be a bonus.
The role would involve troubleshooting problems, giving customer advice on product selection and usage, and helping our customers with all manner of technical questions.
You should be comfortable communicating with impeccable English in both written and verbal communication with people of all experience levels, from total beginners to advanced users.
This is a full-time role, located at our offices in Chalgrove, Oxfordshire. There is some opportunity for remote working, but the expectation would be for most work to occur on site. Be aware that our location does not have excellent public transport links and most working here opt to drive into work.
Key responsibilities will be:
· To answer the support phone line. This could be anyone from 3D printing enthusiasts to potential resellers or channel partners including OEMs and resellers.
· Send and respond to technical support emails within SLA guidelines using our ticketing system Zendesk.
· Support the marketing team by dealing with technical queries from our social media channels.
· To always liaise with customers in a professional, patient and courteous manner whether this is face-face, via email or phone.
· To liaise with our engineers on particularly complex or in-depth customer questions.
· To help create customer support content based on frequently asked questions.
· Other duties as required.
We receive calls and emails daily from customers who require various levels of support on E3D products and 3D printing in general. These queries could be anything from "What printer is your HotEnd compatible with?" to "My printer does not work..."
Essential skills, experience and requirements of the job:
· A keen interest in 3D printing.
· Willingness to learn and develop knowledge on new 3D printer technologies.
· A good working experience within 3D printers.
· Good, clear and confident telephone manner.
· Good working level of spelling and grammar.
· Fluent in English.
· Ability to prioritise work effectively.
Ideal skills and experience:
· Customer service experience.
· The ideal candidate would own their own 3D printer and will have hands on experience with E3D products.
· A keen community interest and involvement, perhaps an active member of the 3D printing community helping and assisting others.
Person specification and attributes:
We are looking for an individual who will be able to work within our customer support, sales, and marketing departments with any query they have, in a professional and pleasant manner. Looking to get all queries resolved as quickly as possible.
Please send through a CV with a general outline of your education and work experience.
Most of all we would like to see what you’ve achieved in the realm of 3D printing! So please do list your 3D printing specific technical experience, professional or personal. (Machines, projects, any and all interesting details!)
Any links to accounts or posts where you have provided community assistance, on this forum or any other.