Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D printing event - University of Exeter

Posted by AnnaJ 
3D printing event - University of Exeter
April 23, 2015 05:51AM
Hi folks,
I’m new to the community and looking for a couple of members of the RepRap community who might be interested in getting involved with a workshop to introduce undergraduate students participating in the University of Exeter’s Grand Challenges Digital Society event (1st June 2015, [www.exeter.ac.uk]) to 3D printing, and the RepRap project specifically. The group of students will be learning about various aspects of 3D printing, and we want to include an introduction to this growing community.

This workshop would be held during the morning of Monday 1st June 2015, and would involve a member(s) of the community speaking to a group of students about what the RepRap project is, what it's like to print and build a 3D printer, and ideally bring along some parts. The University would pay for travel costs, though ideally this opportunity would suit someone within reasonable travel distance to Exeter.

If you're interested, please let me know below and we can chat!
Thanks!
Anna
Re: 3D printing event - University of Exeter
April 24, 2015 12:13AM
Have you tried getting intouch with exeters fablab someone there would help surely

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Re: 3D printing event - University of Exeter
April 25, 2015 06:37AM
Dear Chris33,
Thanks for the suggestion - I have indeed! It's looking like a member will be joining us to introduce some of the Fab Lab's work. It would still be great to have a separate session just on the RepRap community though!
Best wishes,
Anna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login