Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need recompiled version with bigger limits

Posted by dc42 
Need recompiled version with bigger limits
January 05, 2015 06:27AM
OpenScad 2014.03 keeps crashing when I hit F5. Prior to crashing, it reports that it is aborting normalisation because it has reach its limit of 4000 elements. Does anyone have a Windows build of OpenScad with this limit increased?

The model compiles OK (but slowly) when I hit F6, and it compiles with F5 if I remove enough elements. It can be found at [www.thingiverse.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Need recompiled version with bigger limits
January 05, 2015 08:53AM
I wonder why a compile doesn't work while a compile & render does?

Is there any downside to using F6? I just tried your design and while F5 gave the same error message as you describe, it rendered OK with F6 in under 2 minutes (1'46") - I've had designs that took a lot longer than that.

Dave

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 09:03AM by dmould.
January 05, 2015 04:56PM
I have no problem with this file, instant render with F5. I did notice that it was updated today so file may have been fixed.
January 10, 2015 04:25PM
I've tried both files, duet enclosure and mini, and both compile with F5 instantly and both compile and render with F6 taking about 2 minutes each. The version of openSCAD I'm using is 2014.12.30 (git 8d4d83f).

Ray
January 10, 2015 06:33PM
I simplified the model an re-uploaded it a few days ago yo get round the limit. I just hope I don't hit it again too soon.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 06, 2015 02:04PM
I've now hit the same problem with another model. I really wish there was a 64-bit Windows binary with much bigger limits.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login