High=5.00;
Outer_radius=19.5;
Inner_radius=12.00;
Radius_drill_hole=1.5;

difference() {
	cylinder (h=High,r=Outer_radius,center=true);
	cylinder (h=High,r=Inner_radius, center=true);

difference() {
    	rotate ([90,0,0]) cylinder (h = Outer_radius*2, r=Radius_drill_hole, center = true);
	}

difference() {
		rotate ([0,90,0]) cylinder (h = Outer_radius*2, r=Radius_drill_hole, center = true);
	}
}

Now i want to design a metric thread (M39x1) at the outer side of the pipe and a metric thread (M3) for the four drilling holes. But i have no idea how to solve this problem. Any help or hints from your side?

Best regards

Bernhard

P.S.: Please have some thoughtfulness with me, it is my very first designed 3D thing ever.
Re: How to solve my problem
October 28, 2014 02:15AM
You might search through thingiverse for thread libraries. I don't know anything about their accuracy or if they will meet your needs, but I know there are several of them.
October 28, 2014 05:49AM
3mm threads are pretty small for an FDM printer (if that is what you are using).
For those holes I would recommend making a hexagon shape of 2.75mm and then threading the holes manually.
For the 39mm outer thread one of the libraries on Thingiverse should work for you.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
October 28, 2014 09:00AM
rhmorrison
3mm threads are pretty small for an FDM printer (if that is what you are using).
For those holes I would recommend making a hexagon shape of 2.75mm and then threading the holes manually.

This was one of my solutions toospinning smiley sticking its tongue out
But is it able to thread holes into PLA manualy? Tried it somebody?

Best regards

Bernhard
October 28, 2014 10:16AM
YES, you can thread holes in PLA.
Usually designs use an embedded nut and then no threading is needed, but as long as the load is not too high using a thread cutter on PLA (and ABS) works fine.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login