Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forum Consolidation and Reorganization

Posted by thedingwing 
Forum Consolidation and Reorganization
January 16, 2014 02:11AM
I'd like to put foreword a motion to consolidate and reorganize the RepRap user group forums in Southern California. I believe there are many post getting lost amid the disorganization.

Currently, they are as follows:
Los Angeles
Santa Monica/West Los Angeles (Which is a 10 minute drive from LA and only has one post)
Southern California (too general of an area)

I propose the following:

"Los Angeles" and "Santa Monica/West Los Angeles" to be merged and renamed as "North, West, and Central Los Angeles". This area centers around the hackerspace Deezmaker. It would encompass the following general areas: Van Nuys, Sun Valley, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Arcadia, Alhambra, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Hawthorne, Torrance, Covina, etc.

"Southern California" to be renamed "Orange County and Southern Los Angeles". This area centers around the Hackerspace 23b, and is in proximity to the store MatterHackers. It would encompass the following general areas: Long Beach, Westminster, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Anaheim, Orange, Irvine, Lake Forrest, etc.

A new group would be created for the "Inland Empire". I do not know of any hackerspaces in this area, but it is about even distance to the 3 locations previously named. It would encompass the following general areas: Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario, Moreno Valley, Elsinore, Murrieta, Temecula, etc.

If anybody has other ideas, please post them.
Re: Forum Consolidation and Reorganization
January 20, 2014 01:57PM
This is just something I put together glancing at a map. I live in Orange, so it'd be awesome if others could contribute their thoughts.
January 21, 2014 04:35PM
Orange County sounds good.

Agreed that it's impractical having to drive 40-50 miles for meeting.

Charles
August 16, 2014 07:22PM
How did the SoCal reorganization go? What is the new shape of things?
I'm a former resident of Santa Monica now living in central Texas. Just looking to stay in touch with the CA and TX groups.
Building my first RepRap starting with a Wade's extruder.

Hope all is well back home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login