Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d printing magazine?

Posted by pdesigns 
Re: 3d printing magazine?
January 03, 2013 04:40AM
Hi,

I'm a fan of digital photography magazines. Sure would like to see something like 3D magazines.

January 03, 2013 11:52PM
I am new to reprap and have some experience with powder printing, laser cutting and CNC mills. I have to admit that reprap is intimidating in then eyes of a newb. Not only is the wiki difficult to navigate, but there are so many options out there. I would like to see (or would write) a segment on the community, selecting, and building a printer. A segment in each issue would be nice for people new to the printing world and would be especially helpful when looking at back issues in the future. For those of you with more experience it would hopefully give insight on difficulties had by the newcomers and possibly lead to a more organized/new user friendly community.

Some other things I would like to see are comparisons and details on individual parts. One issue could be linear motion solutions (skate bearings, lmuu, bushings, self lubricating plastics,ext). Another issue could be threaded rod vs leads crews. This could compare the differences between popular parts as well as give important details on each for the software end (rotations per in travel etc).
January 21, 2013 03:35PM
I sure like the idea of a magazine (e-zine), and while I like to read some articles in print, especially if they are a tutorial or guide to building something, online mags give you the ability of imbedded videos. Something printed mags can't touch. And when you're trying to replicate some ones instructions exactly, video is often the only way.... Great idea, can't wait to see the 1st issue. Any time table on that?

in beautiful southern, Maryland...
I just joined this discussion today, but I would love to contribute. I have an MFA in Writing from CalArts, edit an online publication, and have been published in a few places.

I recently had an article published at 3dprinter.net and am trying to get an interview I did with Gaël Langevin published at Make. And today I finished a piece on NAMII and its ties to the DoD and weapons manufacturers. Would this be appropriate?

I also created some images for Deezmaker's Bukobot and would love to design some artwork for the mag.

I'm not on this forum often, so e-mail me if you think my work might fit! I'd be super excited to work with y'all.
Welp. I'm now writing for 3DPrintingIndustry.com. The interview I did with Gaël can be found here.
VDX
February 13, 2013 04:46AM
... I've created a new forum dedicated to the RR magazine: [forums.reprap.org]

Can move this thread there too if wished ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 05, 2013 04:01PM
When is the second issue due?
I loved reading no1, cant wait for next one smiling smiley

keep up the good work!

Jack
VDX
May 05, 2013 04:05PM
... soon winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

May 07, 2013 04:48PM
Who would you contact to advertise in the Magazine?
VDX
May 07, 2013 05:07PM
... PM Paulo (pdesigns) best ...

Viktor
--------

May 07, 2013 08:15PM
Hello everyone;

I work on the subject RepRap V 0.43 (construction, design), I ask you if someone can help me in this topic (documents, video, photos)
thank you very much
January 07, 2014 07:57AM
Hi,

as all the others already said - great idea! I would also like to contribute. I acutally write an austrian blog ddd-druck.at with lots of topics around where to print, what to print, good 3D Printers, new technologies etc. I would be honored to throw some topics in!

regards,
Georg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login